Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I have so much to recap!!! This is so unusual. I'm still backlogged on the Getty trip with Sarah and Ana, and now I have to recap my two days in LA with Andy and Kathleen, basketball, and the dinner party with the whole group minus Yogin.

I've noticed that with both Yogin and Royston gone, my blog is readerless. Sadness. I APPRECIATE YOU EVEN MORE NOW!

I think I'll write about basketball first, since it's the shortest. I ran two miles at the gym yesterday while waiting for Matthew to show up, and I had given up waiting for him and was about to pass out and walked towards the exit when I practically bumped into him walking in. Seeing how sweaty and tired I was, we decided to go play basketball with everyone and then he could come back to run. There were probably more people on the court than ever before. We played five-on-five--some combination of Matthew, me, Connie, Jo, Jessica, Sam, Jeff, Ryan, Kevin, and Iffy. Iffy is CRAZILY GOOD... it still hurts where she hit me... owww... she's so hilarious too. "Are YOU trying to guard me now?"
"No..."
"Don't worry! I won't hurt you! Come here!"

Matthew was introduced to and fell in love with Samuel, the older of the Australian brothers. He's like, "I WANT TO TAKE THAT KID UNDER MY WING!!! He's only THIRTEEN!! He looks 16!!! Damn. That kid has potential.. RAW POTENTIAL. He's only 13 and he's already hot. He's gonna get so many girls. He's REALLY good at basketball, he has an accent, he's hot, and he looks like Tim Cahill."
"Hey! You leave Sam alone. He's a really nice boy," I retorted.
"Yeah, yeah, and he's nice. Damn. That kid.."
Yes. That would be Matthew in love.

Onto my next recap. Highlights/moments of the Sarah birthday trip to the Getty:
-Sarah got an iPhone!!!!
-The Getty has the most beautiful flowers in the world.
-MONET!!!!!!!! I kept them all waiting.. sorry!
-Having iPod wars with Ana... she and I both had iPods and Sarah sat in the middle on the car ride home and had one headphone in each ear and we competed for her attention towards our own music. I ultimately won through... JUANES!!
-On the way there, we witnessed a huge car accident that stopped the whole freeway. As we approached the wreck, we saw the coroner's car and knew it couldn't be good, but nothing prepared me for seeing that foot sticking out from under the tarp. The person had apparently run his car completely into the concrete bridge... the top of the car had ripped off and was completely shattered and the rest of the body was stuck in the mud.. It left this utterly cold, dead feeling in my stomach and my whole body shook. No one should just die like that...
-Forgetting the morbid thoughts, Andrew Springfield isn't as scary once you spend time with him. I actually saw him smile a couple times.. it was amazing..
-We went to a piano concert at the LACMA.. it was really good and he played a lot of songs I had played or was very familiar with, which was a bonus. I loved hearing his interpretation of the Beethoven sonata... Then, Chapman University's music director and Vicki's future boss came out to play a duet with the main pianist... that guy is the funniest person I've ever seen on the piano. He made a ridiculous amount of faces, shrugged his shoulders, swayed, and looked like he was going to fall out throughout the whole piece. The three of us spent the whole time, despite the utter beauty of Debussy's piece!
-Other highlight of the concert was seeing Andrew completely out.. head leaned back on the chair, mouth wide open, probably snoring..
-Quesadillas are really good, actually.
-"Zoolander" is a really stupid and ridiculous movie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still check your blog daily, in case you were wondering. And with you having not much to do, you'd think this blog would be updated more often... hehe, jk! I LOVE YOU!

Thanks for visiting me! That was really fun! I'll let you know when I'm back in Chino Hills.

7/16/2008 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home