Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I was at Subway today getting dinner and the lady in line in front of me spent nearly ten minutes ARGUING with the cashier about the amount of change she received. She stood there, SQUABBLING and almost tearing apart her receipt fighting over a perceived 70 cents that she was missing, and somehow could not sort out the math. In addition, no one on the premises seemed to think that a calculator could solve any of these problems, and she was far too angry and her hair was far too poofy for me to try to intervene and try to solve her mathematical quandary.

Moral of the story: GET AN EDUCATION, PEOPLE OF AMERICA
There are FAR too many uneducated, ignorant people out there who seem to think they have a right to dictate the ongoings of the world. I'm starting to become like Plato (no not that I could ever be anything near his greatness), but believing in the philosopher-king. Haha okay I'm done with my political rant and my despair and fear of the ignorance of the masses.

I'm applying to the Asian American Journalists Association scholarship and I have to write a short essay about "any involvement or interest [I] have in the Asian American community. If [I] were awarded an AAJA scholarship, how would [I] contribute to the field of journalism and/or media issues involving the Asian American community."
Any ideas, anyone?

Chinese is a very hard language to learn... those characters just don't stick in my mind!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear AAJA:

I like to eat rice. A lot.

Elaine Teng

6/19/2008 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds good to me

6/20/2008 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home