Saturday, May 03, 2008

We finished filming our telenovela for Spanish today! Loads of fun. This is why I don't think I'd mind a rural setting for school, which Amherst isn't really. Small town.. BUZZING with 30,000 college students... but I don't think I'd mind it just because fun to me is just being around people I like. I love filming for Spanish if it's Danielle, Yogin, and Matthew (and Sarah for a bit).
Let me just say here and now that Matthew has got to be the WORST actor EVER. The first scene we filmed today was where I (his girlfriend) burst in on him cheating on me with my best friend (Danielle). I storm in (practically breaking down the door--sorry Danielle!), slap him, scream at him, confront my best friend who's just emerging newly dressed from the adjacent bathroom, and then cry loudly in the corner as Yogin, Danielle's boyfriend, confronts her.
MATTHEW, who was supposed to be GENUINELY REPENTENT and trying to WIN ME BACK and convince me that he still LOVES me, and AT LEAST, comfort me as I'm SOBBING, decides to keep lying in bed (since it's too comfortable) for about 10 seconds until he absolutely has to come "comfort" me because the screenplay says he grabs me and I slap him.
Lovely. That and the terrible seduction scene. (Remember, this is a telenovela. For those of you who know nothing about Spanish (ROYSTON), who could possibly mix up Hindi and FRENCH (ROYSTON), a telenovela is a crazy Hispanic soap opera.)

When we did the wedding scene (yes, Yogin and I try to get married before our jealous exes storm in and ruin the wedding, and I am somehow killed), Danielle was the priest. She had a paper mustache and was speaking an octave and a half below her normal voice. It was hilarious, though no one but me seemed to think so, since I couldn't HANDLE filming that scene. I never understand what it is the bride and groom are doing/thinking while the priest talks. Do you stare at the other person? Do you stare at the room? What do you think about? I was supposed to be staring at Yogin as Danielle was reading in this really really low voice, and all I could do was laugh. It took us about 30 minutes just to film that just because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. Everyone was so pissed.
I just hope that at my real wedding I won't do that. I'll probably be hyperventilating. :)

Only bad bit of the day was when I almost KILLED MYSELF and put myself into a coma when I hit my head on Danielle's footboard (? is that what they're called? The wood at the end of the bed) REALLY hard. I didn't see it! It was covered with blankets! I was collapsing on the bed. There shouldnt' be hidden objects to attack me. Alright. Kill me for nerddom, but I finally have understood the concept of F = ma. Actually, I've finally understood TWO of Newton's Laws. First, the second law. I went at that thing with a LOT of acceleration. And I have a pretty large mass. And thus the force that I hit the footboard with was pretty large. Secondly, the third law, because I hit the footboard with a huge force, it had to exert and equal and opposite force back at me.
Thus, I now have a huge bump on my head, and have lost sufficient amounts of brain cells to fail my AP/IB tests! Danielle and Sarah heard the HUGE "BANG" it made, and rushed over to find me clutching my head in pain and tears automatically and instantly pouring out of my eyes. Matthew, who was next to me when it happened, actually LEFT without even ASKING if I was okay. Asshole. Yogin just didn't know it happened until I emerged from the room in tears. Hmph.

Swings are fun! Yogin and I hung out at Acacia Park for a bit. Apparently, I was flirting with the little kid (who was named Dominic, for your information. Hey! His mom was scolding him!). He was so cute! They were playing hide-n-seek! Hmph. He was adorable!!! Not my fault. I wasn't talking to him in a PEDOPHILE-y way!! He asked me if his friend was still counting!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the record:
elaine is a total pedophile and was totally hitting on the kid while she was swinging and the kid was totally checking her out and took note of what she wearing and what she was not.

anyways
spanish was amazing today
sorry about your head!
but i really didnt know :(

good times :D

5/04/2008 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really sure that I want to know what it was that you WEREN'T wearing... but at any rate, they are, in fact called footboards, and with good reason as they do, after all, come at the foot of the bed. They are usually placed opposite of a headboard which is at the top of the bed... And that doesn't sound pedantic in the least...

5/05/2008 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home