Friday, April 11, 2008

Filming the Telenovela

I'M BLUE DA BA DEE DA BA DI!

Remember that? Whatever happened to that song? *goes to download* I KNOW YOU KNOW IT! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT SONG!

Anyway, I really should understand physics and math before I take off for almost a whole week of school-absence/ultimate failure at physics and math. Grr. MOTIVATE YOURSELF!

We filmed the first half of our Spanish telenovela (soap opera, for all of you who do not understand the language of Fernando Torres y Xabi Alonso) yesterday. It was actually a lot of fun (most of the time), in between the shrieking catfight scenes and the "MATTHEW SHOW EMOTION" moments. I felt like a total mommy again as I traversed the Fullerton landscape, picking up Yogin and then Sarah in my soccer mom van and then answering Matthew's phone call, "Uhh.. are you here?" No, in like 10 minutes. "Should I go in?"
"Umm.. normally Matthew, when you get to someone's house, you ring the doorbell and enter."
"Well I didn't know if Danielle was weird about it or something."
... such a strange being.

Once we were all at Danielle's house, the first thing that the boys went for was the Wii. Forget filming. We are now going to compete in our masculinity through little pink dots on a screen smashing each other to bits. We eventually did get to film, even though it took FOREVER because no one knew their lines. I can't wait to actually see the monstrosity :) I think the highlights included Sarah standing in and then getting pushed out of a cardboard box holding a stuffed animal turtle and a stuffed animal shark that are her "children" (who grow up to be me and Yogin). That and the "OH F***" that followed every "push her stuffed animal children into the pool" take we tried. It's like, "UHH I DON'T THINK WE CAN INCLUDE THAT!"

However, the greatest scene was still me and Danielle's catfight scene. That was INTENSE. Two girls SHRIEKING at each other in Spanish. I forgot my lines about halfway through and started improvising. :D I'm a terrible person haha. Danielle was supposed to be crying and then angry, and by the time we finally finished filming it, she actually looked like she was crying. Haha I love Sarah and her scream of "SCENE THREE. TAKE FOUR. ACTION!!!!!!" I think she should work for a director, and according to Danielle, if she weren't going to med school, she'd drop out and do "sound effects" for Sony.
*EXPLOSION*
CUE DANIELLE: KABOOM!

I think Yogin's favourite part of the day was when we filmed the fight scene between him and Matthew. Yes I know. Lots of fight scenes. This is a telenovela after all. Originally, it was scripted that Yogin would push Matthew into the pool, but for some reason, Matthew wasn't all that enthusiastic about this turn of events. So finally, a compromise was reached. Matthew would get pushed into the bushes. I personally, thought the pool was better, on both fronts.
1. More dramatic
2. Less painful for Matthew really
The first take... omg.. I thought Matthew was gonna go flying. Yogin pushed him so hard... but anyway... we did like four takes... and let's just say that uhh... Danielle doesn't have a bush anymore.

Lunch was really fun. Danielle bought two pizzas and breadsticks, while Matthew had a meatball sandwich from Subway. Danielle, Sarah, and I (plus a couple slices for Danielle's sleeping brother) finished off the pepperoni. And... YOGIN.. ATTACKED THE CHEESE and ate TEN SLICES!!! OUT OF TWELVE!!!! OMG!!!!

Getting Matthew to BE EMOTIONALLY INVESTED in the scene was just about as difficult as getting Yogin to be social. Matthew was supposed to be SEDUCING DANIELLE, and he was completely monotone and emotionless. NOT. ATTRACTIVE. NOT. SEDUCTIVE. Not that he is.. ever... but EVEN LESS!! Not to mention he didn't know his lines--AT ALL.
Actually, I think he was just messing up on purpose so Danielle would have to hug him more.
And then there was the scene where Yogin MANHANDLED me. He's supposed to burst into my room ANGRILY looking for his girlfriend Danielle while I'm sleeping. Yogin storms in and just like.. GRABS ME and ATTACKS. OWW. It's okay though. I STILL HEART YOU!

Though we had planned to film more, Matthew's camera ran out of batteries, so we sat around and played Taboo! Boys vs girls! No need to say that girls kicked boys' butts badly. All of Yogin's hints were sexual... it was terrible.

This just goes to show that it doesn't matter what you're doing. Everything's fun when you're with good company! :) And I was with some of my favourite people, so it was all good. :D

Afterwards, I took Yogin home, and about two minutes after I drove off, Yogin called, "My mom asks you to dinner."
"What? WHY? Are they going to kill me?"

So somehow, after I dropped Sarah off at her grandma's, I found myself almost killing myself and my car trying to park at Yogin's. Yogin had to come out and direct me ("turn your wheel left. now right. now left again. now reverse. now forward.") It took forever. Then, I found myself in their house, greeted at first by Darshan, who said, "Well this is awkward," and then by those infamously scary parents of Yogin's. AHH!!! When I called my dad and asked if I could go, he's like, "are you sure they're not going to murder you?"
Lovely.
HOWEVER, I SURVIVED (as you can tell) and they were actually kinda nice, though I was scared out of my wits the whole time. Yogin's dad left really soon after I came, and thus I'm still scared of him, but his mom and I actually.. kinda.. got along, which apparently, Yogin found hilarious. Basically, we ganged up together against him and I told her stories about Yogin. :D
Dinner was actually pretty good, though definitely different.. eating with hands.. and Yogin decided that I was his servant. "Pour me water." "Get me grapes." ... what do I look like? Your wife? NOPE.
After that, he made up for it.. because... I GOT TO SEE BABY PICTURES!!! SOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! BABY YOGIN WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! AWWWWWW BIG EYES AND CUTE SMILEEEEE!!!!! haha and baby Darshan's cute too!!

And the best part of it was, the OFFICE was back!!!!!!! We sat there and watched the episode while eating cheetos, and despite my intense paranoia, it was actually cute. :) :) TE AMO!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha.
glad you had a fun time :D

4/12/2008 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...you met his parents and lived...this must be like the end of the universe or something

4/12/2008 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woowww... meeting the parents... that's like... kinda a big thing

at least your dinner wasn't as awkward as michael and jan's dinner party. that was an awesome episode!

=D

4/12/2008 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home