Sunday, February 03, 2008

I spent all of yesterday at a speech and debate tournament, my last speech and debate tournament, quite possibly. That notion did not occur to me till I was sitting with Danielle on the stairs of Sonora High School's lecture hall awaiting the awards for the day. I won a certificate, but missed out on the stupid trophies yet again. Grr. Anger. I only did well my third round though, so I guess I shouldn't have expected much.
I suppose this is a year of "lasts", but I suppose it will only usher in a year of "firsts". But no matter how much I complain and how much I hate waking up in the mornings, I really do love my life, with all its stress and layouts. I love listening to Mr. Sawaya's life story and discussing with Dickey and sitting next to Sarah in physics. I love hugging Yogin and watching for Kevin Liu to approach to show me if I'm late to class and laughing at Mr. Knox's jokes and making faces at Norman in class and watching Jon Yeh sleep every day but still get an A in the class. I love Spanish class, laughing with Danielle over something ridiculous and making faces at Matthew from across the room. I love circling pica errors on layouts and fixing lines and critiquing pages and laughing at Jon's bad titles. I love messing with Shayne's hair and seeing him flinch when I poke him and whispering sarcastic comments to him in global. I love hanging out with Yogin after school and drinking Starbucks and listening to Gregory Lemarchal in the car.
Methinks I will be sad when this year comes to an end.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww. this is so depressing!
but i enjoy everything too!
this year is totally awesome and <3 *turns* you :D

2/03/2008 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home