Friday, April 04, 2008

I should probably also mention that I CUT MY HAIR! It's VERY short. It's very strange. It's exactly shoulder length and I'm not quite sure if I like it better this way or longer. All I can say is that it's lighter. :) I have yet to take a picture in it, but I'm sure I shall soon!

I still don't really believe that everyone's going to go their separate ways. It's really quite bizarre and surreal. I've noticed that about myself. I don't quite understand it. I somehow seem to kind of being in a daze whenever I hear bad news (like rejections) or go through momentous events like graduations. It never really seems to hit. I don't quite accept it most of the time until quite a bit later when it's just been around for so long that it's accepted fact. I hope that won't be the case for this graduation. I like emotions. It's really sad that really, no matter where I go, I won't be with any of my really close friends, and while I'd like to be optimistic and promise that we're all going to be friends forever, I have my doubts and questions, especially after junior high. Very apropos with Isaac's party tomorrow--every year I go and I see all these people I used to be good friends to fulfill my once a year quota, and every year, I have absolutely nothing in common with them anymore. I really don't want that to happen to these friends, and I don't think it will, since even in junior high, I had problems, I guess, "fitting in" with my group of friends. I was always kind of the different one, the "which one is incorrect" answer you pick on the SAT, but in high school I've really, to be cliche here, blossomed and really became confident in all my insanity. So while Yogin, Vicki, Shayne, Royston, Alison, Matthew, Jen, Kristina, Sarah, and all the others may not be going to the same school as me (maybe Danielle--faint chance), and I'll be sad I won't see them daily, I think it'll be okay. In the words of the Beatles and Jim Sturgess, "you know it's gonna be all right." All right spelled as two words just for Mr. Sawaya. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw jim sturgess tonight...
and i cant believe you went to sleep so friggn early.
couldnt you wait :(
i was so sad.

4/05/2008 12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on all your college acceptances! i'm sure you'll have a hard time choosing, but whatever you choose, i say "yay! you go, elaine!"

wow, so much has happened to you... SEE? this is why you need to update!! I don't know what's going on with you if you don't!!!

I'll take you out to dinner some time in the future to celebrate!

4/05/2008 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home