Saturday, June 21, 2008

Working out is really painful, let me tell you. I've gone to the gym for the past two days, and I can barely lift my arms.

I went to the Rancho Cucamonga court a few days ago to file a request for a name change, so I can finally rid myself of the scourge that is Elessa and finally have Elaine Teng legally exist. Did you know that it costs about $500 to get your name legally changed? That's RIDICULOUS. I do NOT understand why I have to pay a newspaper $155 to have them publish it and then go stand before a judge. Who actually objects to other people's name changes, and what grounds do they have to stop me? All of this is just a load of bureaucratic nonsense that wastes my money. Grr. All because my parents couldn't name me properly.

My lazy summer days basically consist of reading, learning Chinese, going to the gym, eating, sleeping, watching football, and starting today, playing piano. I really must finish this scholarship application of mine.. I dislike inertia. I don't feel like doing anything, but then complain that I am bored!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know the feeling, i feel so bored yet i know there are things i should do...like write thank you notes, oh well

6/22/2008 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a chance to get my name changed for free when I was applying for my U.S. citizenship. I really wanted to take the chance to rename myself with something ridiculous, like changing my last name to "awesome" or something. But yeah, I guess they make you go through all the court thing for legality and official reasons...

6/22/2008 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home