Wednesday, November 24, 2004

legovanan
HAPPY THANKSGIVING PEOPLE!!! enjoy the FOUR days off!!!!! SLEEP, EAT, PARTY, and SCREW HOMEWORK!!!! (i shouldn't be talking, but STILL)
we won our first game... i made my free throws!! god those girls foul hard. Connie--they were SWISHES!!! be proud of me!
Now, in the spirit of the great holiday that has granted me so many days of rest (i'm so thankful. Good job Pilgrims and Indians!!) Here's some of what I'm thankful for (not in any particular order):
1. Connie (or as i say Vorinwe, or con con lau lau, or plain CON)
Always there for me to ramble to, and fills the empty space when I'm occupied (hehe) Great friend; always there. It's weird how you weren't my "closest" friend at CHJHS, at least not in 7th grade, but now, you're the person from jr high that I keep most in touch with. Thanks for always screaming "Backboard" which I use almost 95% of the time now--amazing!!! You're a great friend, and I wish you were at TROY!!!! I'm sorry if I drive you crazy and all the "ARGH" correcting your English, Chinese, Spanish, and of course--Elvish!!! There's more, but I'm too lazy to type. You know you're one of my bestest friends (even if you like the Lakers...) BEAKY
2. JRR Tolkien (wow I put Connie BEFORE him?? ah well, not in preferential order.. hehe)
For creating Middle-Earth, Valinor, the Void, and everything else in Aman. For inspiring me to write things I never thought I could, and for giving me something to believe in or inspire myself with whenever things get really bad; overall: for inspiration and my dreams
3. Kathleen
What can I say about you? There's too much. I admire you soo much. If I had to listen to myself for these 11 years, I think I would've exploded by now. I think I know why your so deaf (you know it's true) me and Justine have screamed too much! Thanks for being the awesomest bestest best friend ever!!! it's amazing how much crap I take out on you, and stop laughing at me about that stuff!!! O yes, and putting up with my excessive rambling about Tolkien, Elves, gymnastics, spurs, and whatever else I'm infatuated with.
4. Pete Jackson; Fran Walsh; Philippa Boyens; Viggo Mortensen; Howard Shore; Elijah Wood; David Wenham, and everyone else who worked on the LotR films and made it so wonderful. What would I do if they hadn't done that?
5. Camron (yes I am thankful for Cam) For always being honest (or too honest) with me, and for keeping me on my toes and my arguments honed and prepared for attack. For pissing me off so much... well I'm not too thankful for that part..
6. Elsa! What would I do without you Hanna? I mean, who else bites people and role plays almost every single moment of their life?!? Hope you keep up your infatuation with Pip and Jack (YOU HAVE TO PICK ONE) and he's NOT FAIRY!!!! You MUST move back to CA!!!!! Thanks for understanding about the stupid arrogant people in this world, sending surveys, and even if you are a Southern Conservative, I still love ya! WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST COMMUNISM?!?!??!
7. my parents
8. Miriel, Susan, and all the other great Tolkien writers out there. It's great to have you guys bcuz I can ramble on and on about Maglor and Finrod, or defend Feanor for hours and you listen, and ACTUALLY RESPOND in language that Tolkien would NOT be turning in his grave about. (Miriel--I know you have Maedhros!) Thanks for the awesomest stories and poems like Sea's Loss and others written when you were intoxicated (hehe) that I would say might even rival Tolkien's, except that would be blasphemy.
9. andy-- why must you be a junior? this way I don't see you very often and don't get to talk to you! Thanks for being so poetic and understanding, and no--you aren't a stoic! All your ramblings and poems are so inspirational (and i'm not saying it just to make you feel good; i'm serious) and sometimes, after reading that stuff, i think about things in a lot different way.
10. I can't believe I'm saying this, but to George W. Bush, John Kerry, Hilary Clinton, Dick Cheney, Condaleeza Rice, and every one else in the political arena. Thanks for being the dirty, lying scoundrels you are, for it always keeps me on my toes and i always have something to discuss and argue about.
11. Aleksei Bondarenko, Aleksei Nemov, Xing Ao Wei, Teng Hai Bin, Li Xiao Peng, Paul Hamm, Hiroyuki Tomita, Svetlana Khorkina, Yelena Zamolotchikova, Anna Pavlova, etc. for being the great gymnasts and also giving me something to be infatuated with
12. Olivia for keeping my underwear just TWO sizes too small. I wouldn't want it to pinch too much. You're never gonna get it to fit perfectly or be too big, just warning ya. Your optimism rubbed off on me (believe it or not) and all that sugar is BAD FOR YOU!!! (Though i love it of course)

I think I'm gonna stop there, before it gets too long, and besides, I have to go with my dad to the airport. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! EAT LOTS OF FOOD FOR ME!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home