Saturday, October 27, 2007

Very eventful week. NO SCHOOL FRIDAY!!!!! that was awesome, even though I spent most of it at school anyway at layout. I was still able to sleep in though, so I'm happy.

Let me see... eeww I keep forgetting what happened this week. I need to go ask Yogin. I know that Monday was early release, so that must have been exciting.. OHH!!! THE OPERA!!!!! YES!!!!
We all went to go see La Boheme as part of the English 4 thing. Since it was early release, we got out at 2, but the opera didn't start till 7, so I sat at Starbucks for a couple hours (with a very bad view though...) until orchestra practice ended. I followed Alison and Vicki in Alison's mom car to Costco to pick up the huge cheese pizza that fed us all before going to Alison's house to meet her birds, turtles, and fish!! there's... fred, albert, einstein, max, sushi, and a bird and two fish I can't remember the names of.
After stuffing ourselves with pizza and cookies, Vicki and I drove to the OC Performing Arts Center. I sat between Vicki and Yogin, and the opera was SO BEAUTIFUL!! OMG!!! Rodolfo and Mimi had the most beautiful voices... and the love songs were so amazing... and of course, I cried in the end... it was hilarious because Rent is based off La Boheme and so the bit where Mimi (the name's even the same!) comes in and is like, "Won't you light my candle?" (in Italian), Jen, Vicki, and I all started cracking up.
I'd actually never seen an opera, surprisingly, though I've heard many, and I was almost afraid that I might not like it, but it was BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to see "The Magic Flute"! And I discovered that the Phantom of the Opera is playing there around my birthday!! I demand to be taken there! And it was really nice and comfy because I sat there and watched with my head on Yogin's shoulder and feeling really warm and cozy and loved while enjoying BEAUTIFUL MUSIC!!

TUBERCULOSIS VICKI! TUBERCULOSIS! Don't die Vicki!!

Afterwards, I took Yogin back to Troy, but before that, we got LOST! Because neither of us have any clue where we're going, and it was rather quite frightening being in the middle of a city you don't know on a dark street with no other cars... but we found out way in the end!! Sorry I got mad at you Yogin!

Wednesday was the mentor breakfast, for which we all got dressed up. My mentor didn't come, but I just sat there and enjoyed the free food and skipped class. Afterwards, Amy, Yogin, and I went to hang out with Dickey because we're a bunch of nerds and Dickey is like our... home base or something... haha he sent us back to the mentor breakfast to get him coffee.

I spent Thursday freaking out over the choir concert, because I was informed Wednesday that Norman had dropped out of the "For Good" performance and that I was the new replacement pianist. I stayed up till 1 AM Wednesday trying to learn the song and NOT studying for my calculus test... if I fail, which I probably did, it's Kristina's fault!! We practiced at lunch, where I totally and completely sucked, so I ditched 6th period with Christner's permission (we were watching a stupid Asian movie) and spent the whole time in the band room practicing. I thought I pretty much knew it... but four hours of layout can totally make you forget everything apparently, so by 7 PM, when the concert was about to start, I sucked again. I was really panicking, but in the end... it wasn't as disastrous as I hoped.. I hit all the major notes I guess?? Vicki and Efrem accompanied on the cello and violin, respectively, and Kristina and Alexa sang beautifully of course. Haha I think Efrem gave up halfway through the song when I just started improvising chords and notes and he couldn't follow... oh well...

I was the first one at layout Friday... before Nav... grr... layout was actually pretty fun because the umm.. evil trio wasn't there... Well, Jordan and Sayak weren't there, and Anita left early, so it was pretty fun, except for Emile's blood-loving rants... so disturbing that woman... "We should cut the head off and then film it DRIPPING!!" ewww... Haha Sayak's absence meant that I was DJing, which was very interesting because I don't think anyone really agrees with my musical tastes, though there were always songs that at least one other person liked! HAH! Anita sang along to all the alternative songs. Emile liked all the Wicked. Everyone liked the Across the Universe, so HAH! Take that!
Sarah came over afterwards to "work" on the trebuchet. Umm.. we got absolutely NOTHING done, except made ourselves even more confused. So basically, we spent the whole time looking at stupid pictures of me and Kathleen in Europe (Sarah had a FIT... we're like... the two loudest, most ridiculously insane people ever.. she is the only person I know that laughs longer and louder than me...) and eating chocolate chip cookies and not doing anything productive whatsoever!

I need to read the entire 900 pages of "Middlemarch" this weekend and write an essay.. Wish me luck! And do UC apps and figure out what the heck is going on with my Cambridge history papers! Oh and I was hoping to write the common app essays this weekend too.. grr.. are they similar to the UC prompts?

1 Comments:

Blogger La mano izquierda said...

im sorry i got u lost! we will never be in the same car with you driving ever again!:(

10/27/2007 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home