Wednesday, September 26, 2007

People really are the slaves of time. Just now, I was fighting the clock because I wanted this post to show up at 11:59 PM of Wednesday, and not 12:00 AM of Thursday. And I realized that in the end, I would never win. I might win this battle right now, which I did, but time always wins. We never have enough time to do the things we have to do. We never have enough time to do the things we want to do. I feel like it was just two seconds ago when I looked at the clock and said "6:30. I should take a shower. No I'll wait till 7." It's 12 AM and I still haven't showered and I just threw together a crappy article and now have to memorize Spanish vocabulary. I was sitting in class today, running my fingers over my face and I touched the corners of my eyes and they felt rough. And I thought... there will be wrinkles here someday. It won't always be smooth. It won't be smooth for much longer. Every second that ticks away, it's getting closer. The inevitability of it, the futility of the struggle is just so overwhelming. We are so small.

Rant over. Spanish vocab now.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop being depressed u loser! think of physics or something (never thought that would make u happy did ya). anyways, im depressed right now. get to the bsck of the line. and thats also why u gotta make the most of the time u have:D enjoy urself!

9/27/2007 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

psh... totally bit off of my last post... =P

9/27/2007 1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah what yogin said...stop being depressed, thats my job. and i do it well enough for all of us

9/27/2007 5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah, yogin, she's not being depressed, she's being thoughtful.

I MISS YOU ISILME!!!

9/29/2007 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I've already got wrinkles AND MY HAIR IS TURNING WHITE!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/01/2007 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u mean its matching the color of ur skin? cool :D

10/01/2007 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow thats depressing.

10/01/2007 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah if ur hair matched the color of ur skin...well, i dont see ur skin much cuz u put on so much makeup (which is completely pointless kristina)

10/02/2007 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home