Sunday, September 02, 2007

I realized that I don't blog as much as I used to, and I don't know why that is. I mean most of last year it was because I was so buried in homework and about to suffocate, but for the time being, before the onslaught begins (it's just a trickle threatening ominously to turn into a deluge before my eyes right now), that's not the case. I don't feel like I have as much to say, which I'm sure is strange. I still owe a detailed explanation of Europe, I know, but I'm waiting for Kathleen to get her lazy ass into a chair and load the pictures, because it would be totally incomplete without her pictures of us acting like utter idiots. That's the best part. :)

My dad decided that he would start a crusade to get me to stop being so completely in love with football and those who play the beautiful game. He found an article online that tells of how Cristiano Ronaldo and friends had a pool party at his house with a bunch of prostitutes and how they were up drinking and playing in the water (and out of it I'm sure) until 5 AM and how he's completely morally depraved and a horrible playboy that the world should denounce even though he's supposedly good-looking (I still don't see it). He then moved on to read me all the accounts of David Beckham, Wayne Rooney, and Rio Ferdinand's misdeeds, and then looked at me triumphantly, like he'd proven his case. And I just stared at him like... you do know that I hate those players anyway... and the club they all play/played for (Beckham's gone now obviously). Thank you for giving me further evidence to hate Man Utd even more, even though I always knew that Cristiano Ronaldo was a dirty player (PUN!!! PUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *does the pun twitch/dance thing* Get it guys? He's a dirty player because he dives and cheats and cries to the referee, and he's a dirty player because he's morally depraved and dates too many women! OMG PUN!!!!!

At any rate, my dad then assures me that he knows that Steven Gerrard and Michael Owen are just like Cristiano Ronaldo and are just as depraved, if not more so. I told him that if he could prove that Xabi Alonso has done things like that, I just might believe him. Besides, it's not like I hold footballers up to be the pinnacle of morality and my ethical compass. I'm not stupid. I know they're just a bunch of guys that just happened to be endowed with certain physical traits that allow them to be great athletes and that they are mostly a bunch of uneducated, boorish boys that got rich too quickly for the ridiculous reason that they can kick a ball better than the next lad, and thus they think they are entitled to anything they want, and in most instances, get it.
Knowing that, I still love Liverpool Football Club and its players. We won 6-0 today and are currently top of the league. Just let me enjoy it while it lasts for the next 12 hours, alright? But we're still in good position even if Chelsea win tomorrow. :)

Someone remind me to call the senior picture people!

I've been thinking in Spanish. I don't know if this is a good thing. And I've finally caved into Kathleen's love for Spanish music and downloaded a couple Juanes songs. Purely for educational reasons, even though "Para Tu Amor" is the sweetest song ever... Yay I understood the lyrics. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

call senior pic ppl

9/02/2007 2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOO MUCH WORDS...CANT COMPREHEND...SHUTTING DOWN

9/02/2007 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home