Sunday, July 29, 2007

Must update on my life!

Friday night:
Went to Celia's house for a family game night party sort of thing. The three kids each got to invite a friend (or in Celia's brother's case--many friends), but nevertheless, I was invited. Quite honoured. Her family's insane, but they're really funny. Her dad decided that he was going to be a chauvinistic mysoginist. Therefore, I had to take him on. It was good. :) We played games I have never heard of. Guessture and Balderdash... it was fun. Celia's brother's friend from Servite almost killed himself "fainting" in Guessture (which is similar to charades). It was awesome. He was on my team and we won. :D I had to act out "cut" and I turned all emo. It was fun. :D

Today:
Dad got pissed at me in the morning, but nevertheless, I went to "Urinetown" at the community theatre. Hehe Royston died again. Makes me laugh. :) Amy, Darling, Andy, Kathleen, and I went and my mother tagged along... grr. She and Andy thought Darling was Matthew--quite amusing. Greg of course, would not stop making jokes about me being "yellow", as usual. Even the music was against me. At intermission, "Yellow" by Coldplay came on... GRR. Accentuated his point.
And then Amy and Darling were snuggling, as usual, and my mom leans over to Kathleen and me, "So all the white girls have boyfriends but no one likes the yellow girls, right?"
Yeah thanks mom. Coming from the person who yesterday told me that my senior year of college would be a good time to get a boyfriend. OY.
"Urinetown" was actually pretty good. I LOVED the main guy's voice... made the whole thing great. Andy and I were worried that they couldn't pull off "Run Freedom Run", but we were pleasantly surprised. Some of the younger kids were out of tune.. but overall, it was pretty good. The girl I hated most from Les Mis last year was the main girl.... grr.. but that's alright. I felt really popular because the second I stepped out of the theatre after the show to greet the cast, I hear screams of "ELAINE!!!!!!!!!" I feel loved. :) But yeah, Ashley and Donovan remember me at least! Hugged them a million times. DONOVAN WENT THROUGH PUBERTY. SO DISTURBING. I barely recognized him! He still has clammy hands though... :) Never forget that. And Diane, the theatre manager remembered me too, which was a little strange because I think she hates me. I was getting my ticket and the lady was asking me my name and Diane walks by, "That's Elaine Teng." Whoa... my full name too..
Everyone was asking me why I didn't do this year's show... I guess it's because I was really busy and stressed at the time of auditions and I wasn't quite sure I wanted to spend loads of time with those folk again.. but seeing Ashley and Donovan and them today made me regret it slightly, but hey--there's always next year.

Royston--don't forget to tell me when auditions are next year!

Afterwards, Andy, Kathleen, and I headed to Starbucks (while singing Rent very loudly on the way). Java chip frappuchino! Yay! Kathleen and Andy bickered over USC vs UCLA for a bit, which was interesting. All I have to say is: TROY!
Haha.. Andy said, "A Trojan protects you from nasty STDs. A bear (which is apparently what a bruin is -- a little bear) will eat you."

That was great Andy. So provocative.

And after we had wasted money and fattened ourselves unnecessarily at Starbucks, we went over to Kathleen's house to watch Kathleen's present from Andy (and me.. nominally. I really didn't do anything except make song suggestions and I guess, allow Andy to mooch off my facebook pictures)
Andy had taped Kathleen's graduation and he'd edited it into a video (without the long boring parts) and then at the end, as they throw their hats, Brian Littrell's beautiful voice starts in "Never Gone" by the Backstreet Boys and it transitions into a slideshow of pictures of the three of us. Kathleen ALMOST cried!! Someday we shall succeed. Maybe my present will make her cry. Mwahh that is my goal. It's far too easy to make me cry and far too hard to make Kathleen cry.

Then the inevitable occurred--the cameras came out. And of course, we are camera whores.



Kathleen: I can't decide if I want to be a fish or kiss Elaine.
Elaine: Just keep smiling. Just keep smiling.



This picture gives the sad verdict that I am the only sane one. :D
How deceiving pictures can be.

Andy was trying to show Kathleen how to create a fireball with your camera (don't ask) and thrust Kathleen's camera into my hands. I was bored, so this was the result:



Aren't I precious??

Juxtapose that to this. Apparently this is Kathleen's "mockery" of me....



I find it more a mockery of herself. :D

hehe I love the difference between Andy and my faces here:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kathleen what is wrong with you?

7/29/2007 11:13 PM  
Blogger Glimmering Things said...

That Kathleen does a pretty good impression of you :-P maybe she'll be your replacement... I kid! I hope you enjoyed Urinetown ( the name cracked me up... make sure R. Kelly doesn't get near the set). Have an awesome night!

7/29/2007 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home