Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hello!
How are you this fine afternoon where the sky is covered by a thin layer of clouds but the heat of the sun is still so overpowering?

Right. So today I went to Fullerton Museum (I still can't believe there's a Fullerton Museum) and took notes in the Leo Fender gallery for an article for the Register. Seriously, why am I, of all people, writing an article on electric guitars and rock & roll and all that? Sigh. I'd be better off writing about elephants eating in Zimbabwe.

Anyway, I met up with Yogin for a bit afterwards and we went to Starbucks (because there's just no better place to go). Yogin was mocking me, "Aww maybe you'll see lover boy there," and I retorted a bit sadly that he hasn't been there for a month and a half. I was resigned to my sad fate, but when Yogin pulled open the door to that coffeeshop that has become a symbol for many happy afternoons spent with friends, I gasped and the words, "Holy crap..." unconsciously slipped out.
There, in the middle of the store, with short hair and no beard, was someone working the cash register.

This calls for a triplet field trip!!!!! ROBIN!! KATHLEEN!!!

But I must say.. STARBUCKS SHOULD NOT RAISE THEIR FREAKIN PRICES. $3.35 was ALREADY exorbitant... don't you think it costs US gas to DRIVE TO FULLERTON TO BUY YOUR COFFEE... $3.45 for a tall java chip frapp. Robert told me, "well it's only a dime!!!" Yes but over 365 days... thats' $36.50!!! Yes I know I don't have to go... but STILL. I think it's a good market strategy to hire hot or friendly (or both) people so your customers prefer to visit a certain branch over another one... Hmph. They probably did it on purpose. One hot guy and one really friendly guy.

Poor Yogin... had to put up with me.. :) I HEART YOU!!!

I need to visit a place reeking with people infested with guitar knowledge. Wow. Nice word choice. Reeking. Infested. It makes it sound like the plague.

I don't know why but my writing has become really formal lately... maybe it's all the Wilberforce.

WHICH REMINDS ME: I DOWNLOADED "AMAZING GRACE" (Don't worry I'll still buy it but I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER)

AHHHHHHHHH I ADORE IT!!!!!!!!
And I must say it's a lot easier if you know exactly who each person is and their background and what is going on, though it's not essential to understanding the movie. I LOVE IT. Though now I'm noticing a lot of inaccuracies and flaws in acting... Barbara Spooner (Romola Garai) is starting to annoy me.. And now I can't figure out if I like Wilberforce or Pitt more! Ah well... tis my motivation and inspiration.. keeps me going through these rather large books full of rather archaic language that no one but Shayne and I would appreciate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home