Monday, August 06, 2007

I am an idiot.
A complete fool.

Actually no, I don't like the word "fool" used for this meaning. I always picture a fool as in the situation where Romeo uses it right after he slays Tybalt: "OH I am fortune's fool!!!"

But anyway, moving on. So my dad had me go get something for him in the car. I get it, jump out of the car, slam the door shut, and then suddenly, this horribly painful sensation spreads through my right hand. I look down. My hand is stuck between the door and its frame. I just stared for a moment, before my nocioreceptors indicated to me that it probably was a good idea to open the door and set my hand free.

It did hurt really badly earlier, but I'm surviving now. But I take pity on those who do not type quickly. What a painful and frustrating life.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor baby

8/07/2007 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it must be a mark of how truly painful an injury it is that you aren't even reprimanding yourself for sounding like a bio-nerd. you usually have the decency to at least manage that... i do hope it heals quickly though... could make life rather unpleasant i suppose.

8/07/2007 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i shouldnt laugh...but it is amusing

8/08/2007 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( you're no fool, elaine! I love your dad's remark about raising a clumsy child :-P. J'espere que tu t'amuses bien en France, mademoiselle!

8/16/2007 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, I'm bored, Sister. I've decided to come here more often, until you get back. This way, at midnight, I'll still be able to talk to you. Well, more of talk at you. I won't worry about the details. How'd planning France turn out? If you read this before you get back, take pictures of everything you do! It's a lot more exciting to watch people's day to day movements than to look at an overview. Did you take that evil essay along for the trip? I think I'll leave you for today, as I'm starting to ramble :) hmm, it's 9 o'clock over there... have a good morning!

8/16/2007 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home