Sunday, December 10, 2006

RECAP TIME!!!

Thursday
SHAYNE'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

So Amy and I went into 2nd period Roach and sang him happy birthday. He turned purple. It was hilarious! Halfway through the song, some guy asks, "Wait. Who's Shayne?"
so sad.

Then at lunch, Amy, Yogin, Vicki, and I all squeezed into Maddie's car and ran to Baskin Robbins to get him a cake. Knowing me, it took 5 years to decide which one and I think the Baskin Robbins guy wanted to kill me, but yes it was very pretty.
And then we entered Hinman 5th period and sang to him and Jesse was on drugs. Shayne liked the Letters of JRR Tolkien (WHICH I AM BORROWING BTW!!!!), but wouldn't eat the bloody cake. It was very offending and it made me sad. *CRY*
And so
I caked him. :D

I must say that even if Shayne hates me now (as I have not spoken to him since Thursday evening--AHH THE DISTRESS!! I MUST LAMENT AND SING A DIRGE!), it was well worth it. You don't understand. Shayne with cake on his face and in his hair... I was so disappointed no one had a camera. Once in a lifetime thing right there.

I think Hinman enjoyed it more than anyone else. 'Toby dammit' thrust into the limelight quite against his will.. how amusing.

And so, mellon nin, happy birthday to you and don't worry, you'll be embarrassed next year as well. To address the hatred that is probably stirring in your heart right now, it's good for you!!! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! :D

And they say that birthdays should be fun for the person... more like fun for me!

Friday
Left at lunch for Cypress College speech & debate competition. I was in the same room as Shoshee, and the first round was quite dismal indeed. What in blazes is the alternative minimum tax? I spent 5 and a half hours on my article the night before. I was nearly crying from frustration and stress. I gave up even attempting to research. So when it came to a debate that was centered around technicality and finance and not on emotion and ethics, I was utterly lost. I didn't speak. Shocking, isn't it?
Ripped someone's face out in the Military Commissions Act debate 2nd round though. SHOSHEE WOULDN'T SPEAK OMG! She was so afraid of the people in our room.. I admit that it was a very, very, very challenging room. I mean seriously, five of us made finals, but it's better to speak than to just sit there. That's what debate IS. Going up there and facing people who want to destroy you and destroying them back. That's the best part for me! Hehe I'm so mean. I like to make people cry.

Rushed back to Troy to catch Deadwood Dick, which, exceeding my wildest expectations, was amazing!! I was very skeptical at first, "Oh great... Western play... Great.." but it was hilarious. Royston did very well (I was very surprised. :-P), even if it was seriously disturbing to see him carry a girl over his shoulder and then try to rape another one. And he was a bartender.
Michael, this is not good for your resume as you strive to become the future pope.
hehe jkjk.
But overall, it was really amazing! I wanted to see Matt Tims, but Devan was good, of course. I really liked the old man and then Ned Harris & Wild Bill or whatever their names were.
Good job!!!!!

Saturday
Got up early in the morning and went back to Cypress for round 3. Megan's Law, with which Yogin is obsessed, I might add. (OMG SHAYNE THAT SUCH A YOU SENTENCE) I did relatively well I guess, but I liked my MCA rant better.
Cypress is very pretty. They've got this artificial lake in the middle of the campus with two fountains in the middle surrounded by patches of green grass. So pretty... And at night all the buildings light up with blue lights.
Anyway, given the fact that I didn't speak at all in the 1st round, which basically amounts to a 0 score, I didn't think I had any chance of making finals whatsoever. I was going to leave at lunch before they announced finals, but Yogin convinced me to stay for a while.
To my shock and relative dismay as I wanted to leave and was utterly unprepared, I somehow made it... No idea how. Those judges had to be crazy. So I had to stay for yet another round... Genocide in Darfur. It was really annoying, as the opposition basically began debating the wording of the bill and not the issue itself. I was the last proposition speaker (thanks to the awesome PO) and I didn't do too badly I guess. Danielle and Yogin were there watching, but Yogin had to leave halfway through and still has never seen me debate. Mwahaha.
Didn't stay for awards, so have no idea how I did. We'll see.

And now I am putting off homework. :D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i say so myself, i was amazing at the show, and congrats on your debate. i hope you got an award. i wish i could have emberassed shayne

12/10/2006 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is it that everyone so enjoys tormenting me? its really not all that amusing and i rather resent the entire ordeal... confusticate and bebother you all.

12/10/2006 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job! :)

i'm currently freaking out over my unfinished portfolio!!!!

12/10/2006 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home