Thursday, March 16, 2006

Why am I so indecisive?

WHY?

I'm love sick yet sick of love.

You all know better than to believe me right? The drama queen will never get sick of drama, nor will she ever stop being dramatic. Yup that's me.. .muahahaha

I just realized something while I was in the shower. Musicals have an obsession with "cold hands" to express love. To them apparently, having cold hands means that you're in love.
For example: the ballroom scene in West Side Story; Tony and Maria meet for the first time
Tony: I knew this would happen. All day I knew something would happen, but I didn't know what---
Maria: My hands are cold. (WHAT THE HELL?! YOU DON'T SAY THAT WHEN SOME GUY IS PROFESSING HIS LOVE)
then she touches his fingers
Maria: Yours too.

Then apparently they're in love.

In Rent, Mimi hitting on Roger in "Light My Candle"
Mimi: Cold hands... Yours too. Big, like my father.

Then they're in love too.

It's there in another musical too.. I just can't remember which.

You know what's scary? Tristan and Isolde put me out of Rent mode. SHOCKING. I didnt' think that was possible. I rediscovered my ultimate love for period pieces and England and classics. *sigh* I love period pieces... especially when they're set in Britain. I sat there and wanted to listen to music but didn't want to listen to Rent. So I settled for the Lord of the Rings, Alison Krauss in Cold Mountain, and Romeo and Juliet.

AHHH CHEMISTRY TOMORROW AND I AM GOING TO FAIL--LITERALLY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home