Friday, December 30, 2005

legovanan
I did this survey thing last year around this time. A Year in Review type of thing. Let's see how much my answers have changed.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?: Had a boyfriend

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?: Nope. My grades suck right now though I do read more.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?: yes, one of my aunts on my dad's side gave birth, and my aunt on my mom's side is 8 months pregnant.

4. Did anyone close to you die?: no thankfully

5. What countries did you visit?: China and the US

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?: European travel

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?: April 11; December 1. And May 25, 2005: FIVE TIMES!!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?: um.. i really didn't achieve anything this year, pathetically.

9. What was your biggest failure?: Letting my temper get the better of me. And losing my drive towards good grades and stuff. I get lazy.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?: I'm a bit battered this week from the four days of basketball. My lip hurts so badly and it bleeds randomly and I have a few bruises around.

11. What was the best thing you bought?: Uh... probably my Kings of Europe DVD. I don't know. Or Twilight.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?: uh definitely not mine. Camron's on some occasions probably again?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?: Gleb on some occasions, Brent on some occasions, Middle America, and Matthew

14. Where did most of your money go?: I don't spend much money, but probably CDs, DVDs, and books.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?: Liverpool winning the CL!!!!!!

16. What songs will always remind you of 2005?: Um.. all the Wicked songs because this was the year I got into them. This was definitely my musicals year. "Elephant Love Medley" will always remind me of the awesome bus rides, especially singing with Andy. Ooo "What Is a Youth" definitely. My Romeo and Juliet phase of life.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i) ...happier or sadder?: At this very moment I am sadder than I was on December 30, 2004, but I had a nice January-October this year. School wise I was definitely better last year, though I love basketball this year.

ii) thinner or fatter?: eh about the same probably, though some people have said I'm thinner.

iii) richer or poorer?: I'm definitely richer in experience and according to my dad, richer in the bank too apparently.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?: listen

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?: shrieked

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?: yes

23. How many one night stands?: that offends me

24. What were your favorite TV programs?: I don't watch TV much and even when I do it's usually movies, but if it's on I'll watch will & Grace, ER, Smallville, and a couple others.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?: Hate is a strong word. Intensely dislike would be a yes.

26. What was the best book you read?: TWILIGHT by Stephenie Meyer!!! Edward Cullen!!! I reread Romeo and Juliet. When did I read Wuthering Heights? OOO Wuthering Heights too, and Tess of the D'Urbervilles that I read over the summer. Wow this was a great book year.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?: Wicked, most definitely. All my other musicals are great as well, but Wicked. Hayley Westenra is good too.

28. What did you want and get?: Twilight! friendship, love, and many lovely memories if I may be sentimental for a moment.

29. What did you want and not get?: a trip to Europe

30. What was your favorite film of this year?: Um.. I really want to see King Kong and the Producers, but there weren't any movies this year that really stirred me up. I feel really pathetic if I have to say Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. How about movies that I saw for the first time this year? Then definitely Romeo and Juliet (1967), though my favorite movies are still the Lord of the Rings Trilogy

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?: I didn't really celebrate my 15th birthday. I always had plans but no one was available and I was busy and I kept pushing it back and back until there was no point. Kathleen slept over and stuff and that was nice, but it wasn't really a big celebration.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?: Better grades, a trip to Europe.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?: Um.. I've become slightly more feminine, if you will. Ever so slightly Connie and Kathleen if you are worrying about me turning to the dark side. I'm starting to really favor the jeans, a spaghetti strap, and a zip-up/button-up sweater/jacket over it. My Gerrard jersey is still my favorite article of clothing though.

34. What kept you sane?: the Lord of the Rings, writing, Liverpool, and Matthew. 2005 goes from January-December, so yes.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?: Steven Gerrard

36. What political issue stirred you the most?: I've been considerably less vocal about my political opinions lately, which is frightening. War in Iraq, death penalty, and lately abortion.

37. Who did you miss?: Connie!!!! Elsa!!!! Olivia! Sydney! Isaac, Roshi, Ryan. Sam, Joe, Tim. Loads of other.s

38. Who was the best new person you met?: Um... I really haven't met anyone that new. Let me think... Vicki Leach? Nick Medling? I don't know. I kept to the same people this year. O WAIT. I completely forgot the basketball girls. TASHA!!! HAYLEY!!!!!!! I love Tasha and Hayley. They keep me going in basketball. They're both great people and Tasha's humor and Hayley's smile make me miss basketball. The other girls are great too, Ariana (though I already knew her), Joyce, Priscilla, etc.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: I don't know. I'm still afraid of the same things: failure and change. This year hasn't been really Elaine conquering her fears year, more like Elaine faces all her fears and sees them all weigh down upon her as they all come true. Hmm.. I just know I have to keep going. The sun will keep rising and setting whether or not I fail AP Computer Science and the days will keep rolling on no matter how I feel towards Matthew.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
See this is difficult. I'm tempted to just throw out something like "So Sick" by that one guy that's playing on the radio or something totally emo, but when I think back, my year was great. It just didn't end too perfectly. Since I cannot think of a song that appropriately sums that up, I'm just going to quote a song that pertains to my somewhat deranged attitude towards life.
In my field of paper flowers
And candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
And watch my purple sky fly over me

Don't say I'm out of touch
With this rampant chaos- your reality
I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge
The nightmare I built my own world to escape

I never thought I'd quote an Evanescence song. My world doesn't exactly look like Amy Lee's as mine is distinctly more Elven.
OOOOO I just thought of the perfect song. I love Collide by Howie Day!
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide.

Alright I swear I'm done at 1:55 AM in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home