Monday, December 26, 2005

legovanan
This is shocking. I haven't written anything at all for months. I haven't written poetry in almost a year. Tonight, the block has suddenly vanished, though I did have some difficulty getting this out and did not end up writing the end stanza I originally planned. It just wouldn't come out the way I wanted to, and on revision, it seems more poignant to end it this way, though I feel a bit incomplete. I broke the perfect 4 line stanzas too at the end. O well..
This was inspired by looking at old photos while listening to Enya at full blast. That woman is a genius.

Tell me your title suggestions, or any suggestions at all! This is the temporary title and poem:
Pictures

Images flood before my eyes
Those before me in ink
Those within me in spirit
All billowing wisps of memory

Smiling faces stare up at me
Faces captured in the laughter of the moment
Faces frozen in friendship, in love
Faces forever together, in joyous harmony

New images appear, fading those before
Faces of discord, of tears
Faces frozen in revulsion
Faces reflected in the shattered glass.

Is that smiling face the same one crying?
Is that beautiful friendship the same bitter silence?
Is that perfect love the same broken heart?


Constructive feedback please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home