Saturday, March 12, 2005

legovanan
i'm on a shakespeare high right now. Finished Romeo and Juliet last night. I LOVE that book. its soooo sweet, and the language is soo exquisite. I practically ran out of a full deck of post-its bcuz i was sticking one on every page, becuz i loved something there. I would recite something, but I'll spare the torture for the moment.

I grabbed the Tempest from my shelf at 4:45. I set it down at 5:38, done!! I like Romeo and Juliet better, though the imagery in the Tempest is beautiful. Romeo and Juliet's language is more beautiful though, and its so sad.

Now I am pouring over his sonnets, again. Other than number 18 which everyone loves, I love number 19; its so beautiful and sweet. Number 17 is nice too, though just a notch lower on my scale. Reading 25... its pretty good too. Very true theme to it. Most of them talk of time and love, too very nice themes.
Now Number 19, my favorite lines in bold:
Devouring Time, blunt thou the lion's paws,
And make the earth devour her own sweet brood.
Pluck the keen teeth from the fierce tiger's jaws,
And burn the long-lived phoenix in her blood.
Make glad and sorry seasons as thou fleet'st,
And do whate'er thou wilt, swift-footed Time,
To the wide world and all her fading sweets,
But I forbid thee one most heinous crime.
Oh, carve not with thy hours my love's fair brow,
NOr draw no lines there with thine antique pen.

Him in thy course untainted do allow
For beauty's pattern to succeeding men.
Yet do thy worst, old Time. Despite thy wrong,
My love shall in my verse ever live young.


10 days till my birthday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home