Sunday, March 06, 2005

legovanan
listening to "Underneath the Stars" by Kate Rusby. couldn't take it anymore; had to buy it. ah well, gift card from Xmas.
OMG!!! GUESS WHAT I WATCHED?!??! and is now one of my favorite movies?!?! (after watching LotR yesterday)
Elsa don't hurt me:
WEST SIDE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!! if you haven't seen it, GO WATCH IT!! (AKA CONNIE)
TONY!!!!!! *dies* Elsa, I must say, I like him more than Erik AND Raoul, put together!! yes.. i know u think i've lost it. First it's the big-eyed hobbit, now it's Tony!! ::sighs dreamily:: I never knew he could sing!! He's in a bunch of movies that are part of my dad and my's collection! AMAZING!!! trust me, to make it into my dad's, it's gotta be _____. i can't even describe. He was Peter van Daan in Anne Frank!! but i must say, he's much better looking as Tony.. i didn't know he could sing.
I didn't know NATALIE WOOD was MARIA!!!! i never knew that! she's in a bunch of movies that i watched when i was little. yes, i watch OLD OLD movies. half of the movies i watch are in black and white.
The most beautiful sound I ever heard.
All the beautiful sounds of the world in a single word..
Maria.. Maria.. Maria..
MARIA!
I just met a girl named Maria
And suddenly that name will never be the same to me
Maria, I just kissed a girl named Maria
And suddenly I found how wonderful life can be!
Maria, say it loud and there's music playing
Say it soft and it's almost like praying..
Maria, I'll never stop saying, Maria...

Bernardo's funny, and though the song "America" is kind of weird, it IS a bit true.
Buying on credit is so nice
One look at us and they charge twice

I have my own washing machine
What will you have though to keep clean?

Skyscapers bloom in America
Cadillacs zoom in America
Industry boom in America
Twelve in a room in America

Lots of new housing with more space
Lots of doors slamming in our face
Life is alright in America
If you're a white in America

Free to be anything you choose
Free to wipe tables and shine shoes

There's discrimination, admit it. Land of equality and freedom, yet in people's hearts, there are grudges when people who are "immigrants" (and aren't we all, in the end?) take the jobs, go to the colleges, etc.

And then I LOVE "Tonight" and "Somewhere". It's so sweet.. poor Tony. i cried in the end. Then the song "A Boy Like that/I Have a Love" is fun too. Poor Anita too. Her best friend/almost sister-in-law in love with her boyfriend's killer.
A boy like that who'd kill your brother,
Forget that boy and find another,
One of your own kind,
Stick to your own kind!

A boy like that will give you sorrow,
You'll meet another boy tomorrow,
One of your own kind,
Stick to your own kind!

A boy who kills cannot love,
A boy who kills has no heart.
And he's the boy who gets your love
And gets your heart.
Very smart, Maria, very smart!

A boy like that wants one thing only,
And when he's done, he'll leave you lonely.
He'll murder your love;
He murdered mine.
Just wait and see,

alright I'll leave off the rambling till later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home