Monday, February 14, 2005

legovanan
ahh.. very good movie weekend. Rented Girl With A Pearl Earring Friday night. Good movie, with an awesome soundtrack. Scarlett Johansen kinda bugged me a bit. Overall, good story that was just a bit too slow-paced, but otherwise good. People in that movie were too white, and I don't mean that in any racial way. It was just that their skin was sooooo white that it was scary. Especially Griet & Pieter.

WATCHED THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was sooo awesome. It's not showing in any of the local theaters anymore, so I had to go check for the closest one, and it was in Pomona, in this totally ghetto neighborhood that was 99.999% populated by Mexicans. My mom was driving the good car and she didn't want to leave it parked there cuz it was scary. There was practically NO ONE in the theater. THis one really fat guy behind us, so we basically had a private showing. It was so awesome. I was singing and crying. ARGH my mom couldn't understand anything once they started singing, so she missed out on 85% of the movie. Every time it was like, "What are they saying? Translate!!! She's singing too high" i'm like, "MOM!!! HE's SAYING THAT HE LOVES HER!!!! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!!!" and then when Erik goes, "From now on it'll be war upon you both." She's like, "WAIT?!?! CHRISTINE TOO?!?! WHAT?!?! WHY?!?! i'm CONFUSED!!" i'm like, "MOTHER!!! SHUT UP!!!!" in nicer, more respectful terms of course.
I cried, AGAIN. I was sobbing when the little monkey played and Erik sang, "Masquerade, paper faces on parade. Masquerade, hide your face so the world will never find you..." and then he goes and smashes the mirrors... ::sigh:: cries::
I noticed many more things, such that Erik was playing with the monkey when he was young and the "Devil's Child", and a bunch of other things. When he sang, "Music of the Night", I seriously felt my spirit start to soar!!!! ::Sigh:: me and Elsa are too obsessed with too many things.
OMG do u know what my mom's initial reaction to Erik was, "How does he eat?!?!" I'm like, "MOTHER!! MUST YOU ALWAYS BE SO ECONOMICAL?!?!?" ::sigh:: unromantic people these days. And when we walked out of the theater, me wiping away my tears as I go into the night air, she goes, "Wouldn't it just be okay if he got plastic surgery?" GAH!!!!!!!! I WAS ABOUT TO HURT SOMETHING. i was like, "that's not the point!! The point is that society discriminates him because of his distorted face, which causes him to become the distorted person he is. All he wanted was love and acceptance, and because he was denied that, a great genius such as he was driven to madness. ARgh I put it in such beautiful literary terms in the car last night when I was all emotional about that. When we got home, she made me sing/play the soundtrack for her, and basically translate every song. ::sigh:: never watch a musical with my mother. she liked it though, but she insists that I'm crazy and am gonna get myself killed one day because I always fall for the bad guy, cuz someone's always gonna play the sympathy card. ::sigh:: ah well, gotta die someday.
school tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home