Thursday, November 12, 2009

I know too many music majors. When I use "too," I don't mean it in a derisive way. It's just very strange and disproportionate to the population in general. But yes. People are starting to declare their majors, and it's freaking me out because I really don't know if I want to do English or history. I want to do literature, damn it, but the English department is too Anglo-American for my tastes. So I'm going to declare European Studies at some point, and then take an English class next semester to see if I really do want to do it, and go from there. Schedule for next semester is starting to look like:
-Readings in European Tradition II
-Major British Writers: basically a class on Romantic poets (I'm listening to 'Ode to a Nightingale' at this very instant.)
-The Post-War Spanish Novel
-French 3

SO much reading. And all my classes will be Monday, Wednesday, Friday, which will make those days very interesting and draining. But I think it'll be okay because I'll love all the reading I'm doing. I'm done with ridiculous classes that I have no interest in and am only taking out of this inexplicable masochistic desire and an insufferable inability to contradict my parents. That's probably not true, but still. I like to believe it. Mostly because I have a logic midterm tomorrow. Not okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home