Sunday, March 29, 2009

I've been converted into a Decemberists lover. Yay for Jaclyn, Brian, Camille, and Ethan! They gave me their newest album, which was written to be a musical, and it was love at first.. hearing. So you all should listen to "Hazards of Love" by the Decemberists too!

I have an econ midterm tonight at 7:30. Boo! The past two days have been absolutely gorgeous.. full of sunshine and almost in the 60s!! We all just went outside, laid down and read (and dozed off) for the whole afternoon. Friday was a great day. My French lit professor took us to Schwemm's (our on-campus cafe) and treated us before having the class in the informal atmosphere of the cafe. It was pretty awesome, especially since it was already my favourite class. I then received a hilarious birthday card from Elsa, which just made everything more lovely. At lunch, I sat with Shannon until everyone else came and then departed for Spanish Table (something they all decided to shun me for). Blanca poked me the whole time, and then every time I tried to poke her back, she would wag her finger at me and say, "Respect your elders!" in Spanish. Grr. I will get her back.

After lunch, we all just laid outside. I had my copy of "The Beast Within" by Zola and read it feverishly, needing to know what happens next yet despairing of the certain doom that was to come. Ethan, Brian, Greg, and Camille were also all lounging by lazily, and Blanca dropped by around 4, an hour before her bus for Boston left. She took Brian's place in playing catch with Simon and Ethan, and she was really excited to be playing catch for the first time, but I felt really bad because the ball ended up hitting her in the face and her lip bled all over the place. Luckily, Shannon got back from the gym right in time and we all walked back and got ice for her so it didn't swell.

That night, we all went to go see Jaclyn in "Evita." It wasn't the best production I've ever seen, but it was still good. They had serious microphone problems though, which was saddening because the girl playing Evita was so good, but hard to hear at times. I really liked the guy who played Che, and seeing Jaclyn was awesome, of course.

Yesterday was... SHANNON'S BIRTHDAY!!! YAYY!! She spent it in Boston though with Andrew Kelly and Ben Lin, watching the Villanova-Pitt NCAA game. In celebration without her last night, Camille, Brian, Keith, and I went to Starbucks for free coffee during Earth hour, and then Brian and Camille decided to do instrument swap, where Camille taught Brian how to play flute, and Brian taught her how to play guitar. My poor ears... Haha actually Brian wasn't so bad. We also figured out the notes for one of the Decemberists songs and I sang while Camille accompanied on flute, which was fun.

Around 1:30 am though, Trevor texted me and asked me if I could go give him a hug. Naturally, I went up to the third floor, only to find an extremely drunk Rose and then further down the hallway, Trevor laying on the couch covered with blankets. I thought he was sick at first, which might have been better. It was so sad though... he was in tears and kept shaking. Apparently, Rose had gotten really drunk in the woods and then cussed at him the whole way back while he was trying to help her back. :( It was really saddening... I ended up making him ramen and then sitting with him until he fell asleep. I hope he's okay...

Shannon came back earlier today and I finally gave her her birthday present! I got her a framed picture of her and me dressed up as Pepper and Salt, respectively, a stuffed animal penguin (because she hates Danny) whom Camille and I named Plato, a card that sings "Bet On It," a cute magnet of "Salt and Pepper," and I drew her a vampire (another inside joke). :D Camille also got her a pin that said, "The penguin made me do it." Plato is now wearing it. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home