Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm currently up playing Scrabble when I really should be in bed. Spring break has flown by, though I really haven't done anything spectacular, which isn't necessarily a problem.. just quiet days relaxing with friends. It's mostly been me, Brian, and Jaclyn, with Keith and Jorge sprinkled intermittently between. Simon got back yesterday, which has injected testosterone back into Brian's life... i.e. they've been playing video games and hallway baseball again... sigh.

But basically, our days are spent cooking in Newport, which has been really awesome, actually. I've managed to cook several meals without hurting myself or anyone else, or even burning anything!! (This has been due to help from Brian.. who wants to be Chef Extraordinaire..) but yes! It was AWESOME making my favourite Chinese food from home, even though it wasn't as good as what my mom makes. Brian has also been cooking lots.. and has shown that he knows a lot more about it than I do. I also had my first Dunkin Donuts excursion, which has led to an unhealthy addiction to donuts. (Their iced coffee is also amazing, by the way.) We also have been spending way too much money eating around town since the College has decided not to feed us. We went to have pho the other day because Jaclyn was feeling homesick, and I don't know if it's because I've missed Asian food or the restaurant really is that amazing, but it was so great! I'm not opposed to pho once in a while, but I certainly don't crave it, but their pho was great! We also found this sketchy little diner that was actually really good and REALLY CHEAP (two dollars for eggs and toast.. their most expensive thing on the menu is fish and chips at $6.50!). I also played tennis for the first time yesterday, which was an interesting experience. Jaclyn used to take tennis lessons but is extremely un-athletic these days, and Brian just likes to hit it really high. At one point, he hit it so high it flew over the fence and almost hit the police car driving by. :)

I'm too tired to blog more. So I am going to do an inane survey to pass the time while waiting for these people to figure out what they're putting down for Scrabble. I'm actually stealing one from earlier in my blog... one that I did over three years ago. It's fascinating to see how different my answers are and how much I've changed.

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
There's a faint scar on my face that I swear only my dad can see (and I think he imagines it) that happened when I ran into a wall... yeah.. only I would do that.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
In my dorm room...
Wall 1: a beautiful poster of Paris, my Liverpool scarf
Wall 2: Liverpool jersey, Germany jersey, "Water Lilies," postcards of Paris
Wall 3: Rent poster, Broadway display/picture thing
Next to my bed, I also have a postcard of Cambridge, Paris, and the photo of Wall-E Connie gave me
Above my desk, I have all the postcards Kathleen and Andy have sent me, and also some other pretty postcards from Paris and England.

3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
My beautiful, tiny red Juke that everyone thinks is a switchblade!

4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Current song is "With a Little Help From My Friends" from "Across the Universe." But the music lately is mostly Gregory Lemarchal, Dashboard Confessional/other alternative songs, musicals, particularly "Spring Awakening," and other French music.

5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
3:07 AM

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
Sleep. Haha and to be in Europe.

7. WHO DO YOU MISS?
Lots of people actually. I was just thinking about how much I miss Troy. I definitely miss Shayne a lot, as well as Kathleen and Matthew. And of course, Jen, Vicki, Alison, Kristina, and all the rest. I miss my friends.

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION/S?
Umm... most expensive would be this MacBook, but I'm very attached to photos and other very memorable gifts from people, such as the Imladris drawing Kathleen made me, the Gerrard jersey, etc.

9. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
Aries

10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
Not particularly...

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Yes. Especially after watching "No Country for Old Men." I'm not always scared of the dark, but my imagination sometimes gets the best of me.

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Probably Brian, but not like... directly. It was probably I was feeling sad and he made me tell him about it.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
I prefer lotion, and that would be black raspberry vanilla.

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Dark hair and hazel eyes, if we must ask this question.

15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO?
Hahaha... umm... Europe? I don't know.

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Coffee!! Energy drinks are gross!

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Pepperoni and nothing else!

18. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I actually really want a java chip frappuchino right now. Yumm...

19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
I'm not sure actually.

21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU?
Dotty, the world's BEST TEDDY BEAR! (I'm going to keep this answer from two years ago.)

22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY?
All of you!! And Brian, especially. <3

23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
I don't think so.. because I think that would entail flexibility, and that is the opposite of me.

24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
Umm... I don't really have one??

25. DO YOU SMOKE?
Non!

26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
No, though I am a babysitting six fish currently!

27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
See above.

28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Yes. It would probably make it even more romantic in my misguided mind, like something out of a tragic novel.

29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Going out of your way to do something for them.

30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
14.

31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Brunettes

32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
Haha my daddy! :)

33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Rude people.

34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
Yup. China, England, Ireland, Wales, France, Canada, Japan. :D And more, hopefully!

35. YOUR WEAKNESSES:
Many. I seek attention.

37. FIRST JOB?
None yet. Hopefully this summer?

38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Haha not since the 7th grade or something.

40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
NEVER!! I am fundamentally opposed to plastic surgery for superficial purposes.

41. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
To pass the time while playing Scrabble

42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
Umm... probably my work ethic.

43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO/SAY IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
I would start a rant about the history of Prohibition. :)

44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
"Milk" and "Miss Congeniality"

45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
0 or 2.. I might be talked into three.

46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My great-grandmother (my Chinese name)

47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
Yup, yup, yup!

48. WHAT DID YOU DO THIS MORNING?
Helped Brian cook at Newport.

49. WHAT DID YOU EAT LAST?
A chocolate donut!

50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes. A lot, actually.

51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Ham.

52. ANY BAD HABITS?
A lot. I'm too tired to think of them right now.

53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
I am very proud of my Backstreet Boys collection, thank you very much. Probably Aaron Carter and Dream Street. :D

54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I don't think I'm that bad of a friend!

55. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
Who hasn't?

56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Yes, unfortunately.

57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
Talking about it to someone really helps me.

58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
Amherst? Haha other than that, Kathleen's house!

59. WTF?
Um.. I'm sorry?

60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
I played with little miniature wood ornaments. I made a village, talked to them, and plotted out their lives. I then wrote my Amherst admissions essay about it, and look where I am now! :)

61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
I actually have no idea.

63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Of course not! :P

64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
No!

65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Sense of humour, sincerity, other things that I can't think of at 2 am.

66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Isilme, Lainey, Slimey, Creeper (NOT TRUE!!), Friday,

70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Pistachio almond, chocolate, and mint chip.

72. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLOR(S)?
Light blue, white, red.

73. WHO/WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW?
Shayne.

74. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
I don't actually know what's going on with my wisdom teeth... as in, if they're supposed to come in, if I'm supposed to have them removed, etc...

75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
No! Don't waste your life like me!

76.WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
Now... "Mon Ange"--Gregory Lemarchal <3

77. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
Milk (with my chocolate donut!)

78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My daddy!

79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Smile

81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
Stupid boys

82. FAVORITE DRINK(S)?
Java chip frappuchino! Canada Dry! Orange juice.

83. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN(S):
Umm... why is this even a question..

84. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
FOOTBALL!!!! (The real kind, of course) and ice dancing and gymnastics and basketball :D

85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Black.

86. EYE COLOR?
Dark brown.

87. HEIGHT?
5"8

88. FAVORITE ANIMAL?
Penguins!!

89. FAVORITE MONTH(s)?
March, December

90. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
YES! I WANT SUSHI SO BADLY!! *sniff*

91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
"Madame Bovary" for my French Lit class.

92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
March 22! :)

93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
Probably...

94. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer.

95. KISSES OR HUGS?
Both. probably hugs.

96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Relationships!

97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
Pizza for dinner.

98. WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
...

99.WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
I just finished "Madame Bovary," which I absolutely adored. I'm also reading "Tiempo de Silencio" for class and I'm reading "The Hobbit." :D

100. ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU?
I hope so. <3

Good night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm touched. I miss you too, mellon nin. You're reading The Hobbit! Finally! Let me know as soon as you finish it...

3/21/2009 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home