Monday, February 23, 2009

It's Monday again, which means that the pull of stress and insanity is just being felt, but not quite at its peak. On Friday night, we had a housewarming party for Jaclyn and Camille in their new room! It was awesomely insane. The party was actually postponed an hour because Jaclyn, Camille, and Brian missed the bus to come back from the Hampshire Mall where they were getting all the food and had to call me to tell everyone. I made a sign that said something like, "Party postponed! Sorry! Come back at 10! Hosts are stuck at Hampshire Mall. GO SAVE THEM!!!!"

When the party did get started, Jorge, who almost never drinks, chose this occasion to, which, in essence, meant that he pre-gamed the sub-free party... wow. I still don't really understand what pre-gaming is.. or at least why people do it, but that's okay. Tim and Greg were nice enough to show up, which was fun. We all stood around and ate copious amounts of junk food while listening to a mix of Jaclyn, Brian, and Camille's music. After a couple hours, it basically became our normal group with a change of location and lots of food, which led to Robert sitting in Camille's comfy chair playing with all of Jaclyn's stuffed animals, which is quite an unusual collection, the Black Death, a giant lobster, a seahorse, and a sperm. I think the only normal one is a bear, but we won't mention it. Jorge, Jaclyn, and I danced our bad dances a lot, which was fun and led to lots of embarrassing photos on Facebook. Drunk Jorge was HILARIOUS and took to singing at pitches that rival Robert's falsetto and hurt all of our ears, and Robert and I decided to join in, much to everyone's chagrin. Drunk Jorge was also REALLY horny and kept telling me and Brian to grind and quite unnecessarily demonstrated many times. Hehe. He then sat on the floor and complained about how he wasn't getting laid. Poor guy.
Camille had assured me that she put "Jai Ho" on the mix, which meant that I refused to leave until I heard it out of the 72 songs. BUT NO! CAMILLE LIED TO ME!!! Which meant I had to go through all 72 to BITTER disappointment, at which point we just found it on her iPod and did the dance, which we had been practicing for the Oscars. :D
We then played Apples to Apples, Superlatives, and Never Have I Ever, which I am really bad at coming up with things for.

Saturday was an extremely productive day, which made me rather proud, and then last night we watched.. the Oscars!! Ethan was happier than a child on Christmas morning. He dressed up, brought his "Oscar" (really a figurine of JFK wrapped in golden paper) out, got all the ballots and poster ready. Ethan every year runs a pool where every person picks their predictions and then he makes a poster with all the nominees written on it with pictures so we can keep track of each winner and who then bet on them. This year, he and I spent a long time making one, only to have it disappear. Ethan was SO sad that I had to make him another, but I didn't have time to by hand again so I just made it on InDesign and printed it out. It looked very pretty. But yes, Camille and I spent the night cheering for "Slumdog" and howling in victory every time they won and high-fiving, much to Jorge's disgust. MWAHHA BENJAMIN BUTTON LOST, JORGE! We also squealed every time they showed Dev Patel. Camille and Ethan ended up tying for first in the pool.

Must go to econ and then interview random people for lots of articles. We have NO writers this week, so Sarah and I are literally writing the entire section. GAH

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was only able to watch bits and pieces of the oscars on youtube, but from what i saw hugh jackman was pretty amazing! :D

2/25/2009 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home