Friday, January 02, 2009

To follow through with my New Year's resolution #1 to blog more, here we go! I hung out with Kathleen and Andy today, since they will be leaving for UCLA and London, respectively, very soon. We met at Borders, which was having a huge sale, which induced Andy to spend money, of course. We wove through the stacks of $3.99 books, the stationary (since Andy wanted to write people from London), and CDs, and finally, after each buying something, we bought coffee at the Seattle's Best within Starbucks. The girl who got her drink before us got a gingerbread-related drink, which meant that she got a tiny gingerbread man on top of her whipped cream. This practically sent Kathleen and Andy into convulsions since they both wanted one really badly, so when it was Andy's turn to get his drink, the barista gave him his drink with only whipped cream, and so Andy asked, "Do I not get any of that stuff?" pointing to the box full of confectionary goods, from gingerbread cookies to white chocolate to peppermint.
The low-voiced barista responded, "Sure. Like a chocolate stick?"
Standing behind Andy, I said, "Don't you want a gingerbread man?"
The barista then told us that technically, he could have anything he wanted, which he really shouldn't have said, since Andy then had him load his coffee up with a gingerbread man, peppermint, a chocolate stick, and lots of other goodies. Andy then helped himself to the chocolate syrup and then the caramel. This monster is pictured below:



I felt bad asking the barista for a lot for our drink, but Kathleen happily also got her gingerbread man. :)

We then had to leave to pick up Justine and take her to piano, and Andy spent the whole car ride almost making Kathleen crash out of hysterical laughter by doing his old lady version of the Kathleen accent. IT WAS SO BAD!! It was so bad that when he stopped, Kathleen doing the Kathleen accent no longer sounded as horrendous!!! Halfway through the drive, I said I was going to die because of their bad accents, and Andy, sitting behind me, reached up to choke me, and discovered that he apparently likes my neck. CREEPER!!! HE KEPT TRYING TO STROKE MY NECK!! Apparently it's very smooth and nice... umm.. Thank you?? KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF!

After dropping Justine off, we stopped by the grocery store to pick up cabbage for my dad, and then headed to In-N-Out for Andy's dinner. Kathleen and I finished our fries long before Andy even got his meal, which was huge, of course. We bid our farewells shortly after Andy stuffed himself, since Kathleen had to go get Justine and my dad was summoning me. During this whole time, I would randomly lash out at Andy. Think, hysterical Elaine shrieking, "I HATE YOU!!! AHH I WANT TO GO TO LONDON!!!!!" So when we were bidding farewells, my last words to Andy were, "AHH I HATE YOU!!!!!!" He then yelled back, "ARE THOSE YOUR LAST WORDS? What if I DIE?!?!" Of course, then I had to tell him I loved him. GRAH. WHY CAN'T I GO TO LONDON?!! I had a vivid dream last night in which I was in Cambridge. I got the names of all the colleges right and the geography that I remember. NO FAIR!

At night, my dad and I drove to Shayne's house and dropped off his Christmas present. We sat in his kitchen and talked about The Office and Twilight (HOW HORRIBLE IT IS) and life and enjoyed each other's company. I got him a 365 day Office quotes calendar and he got me.. the BEAUTIFUL "Letters from Father Christmas" by JRR TOLKIEN!!! AHH I LOVE IT!! *HUGS*

So saddening.. everyone's leaving!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home