Thursday, January 29, 2009

First thing's first: Happy Chinese New Year!!

I didn't do anything to celebrate this year, as New Year's was actually the first day of classes here. No Chinese food. :( I DID however, write an article for Arts&Living because they were desperate on the traditions and history of the LUNAR New Year.. Brian was very upset that everyone assumes it's Chinese because, apparently, Koreans are important too. Haha, of course they are. :)

Classes have started! I'm taking:
-The European Enlightenment
-French Literature in Translation
-Madrid
-Introduction to Economics

I LOVE the first three. My history professor is SO knowledgeable, French lit is so amazing (until we get to Sartre..) and my Spanish class scares me but hopefully will be good. Econ is not quite so exhilarating, but given that I've never taken econ before in my life, I feel like I should at least know some basics, and who knows? Maybe I'll like it! *fingers crossed*

It's nothing but snow here, which is very pretty. It's not as cold as I imagined, though of course, I stay bundled up. I feel so poofy in my big coat and it's rather annoying having to bundle up before going outside, but I like it nonetheless. I spent dinner today talking to Ethan about movies, since he is the ultimate movie buff. He might just put Sayak to shame... and that says something. Ethan has a LIST.. like a SPREADSHEET listing all the movies he's seen.. ever. It's slightly insane. And he runs a pool every year for Oscars and whoever wins their predictions gets the money. I'm just picking "Slumdog Millionaire" for everything. :)

Must go read econ now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home