Friday, July 13, 2007

Sigh. I'm in one of those moods again.

I really dislike people who get everything they want without doing anything to earn it except by being pretty or friendly. What does that have anything to do with talent? And what's worse, I hate it when other people aren't even given a chance.
Basically, the OC Register is going to keep one intern from each school on after the summer as a paid correspondent. It was supposedly up for grabs, but now before any of us have even written anything for the website, "someone" got it... Let us guess who. She's a good news writer and she's pretty and she's got a great smile and makes people think she's so angelic and perfect but that doesn't make me feel any less demoralized. It's like she won the race before it even began. And then there's the fact that she won't stop telling me what to freakin do. WE are editors in chief. It's not SHE is the editor-in-chief and I'm her assistant. Damn it to hell. I think I liked opinion better when I was totally in control of my own beloved page, doing something I knew I was good at and her criticisms were limited to basically copy editing.

And I really want to go to England.
Yes I know, I'm going. For four days. With my MOTHER. Yes I'm being ungrateful. As that old song says, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to." :P

And I don't know if I'm cut out for journalism nowadays. I don't even think I'm good at English anymore. I should probably just stick with history and memorizing all the fascinating stories there.

I hate sitting here feeling like I'm wasting my life away. Every day I've done absolutely nothing and every day is the same.

And if my mom says "Harvard" one more f***ing time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't feel too bad.. most internships are like that- really unproductive and you just sit there for the whole day thinking "what the hell am i doing here? i could be jet-skiing or something..."

but it'll be over soon!

7/13/2007 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, i always hated the idea of harvard. i have never wanted to go there and am completly against it. Besides, we're going to the U of McD R, right?

(i'll kick anita's ass for you. no i won't, i'm too scared, but we can imagine we would...)

7/16/2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home