Sunday, July 01, 2007

My day has consisted of making Spanish flashcards, memorizing Chinese poems, Titanic, football, and eating. How eventful.

Yesterday however, I attended Nav's wedding!!!!!!!!! IT WAS SO PRETTY! We, as in Kathleen, Robin, and I, arrived late, as usual (AHEM KATHLEEN AHEM), because we got lost, as uaual (AHEM KATHLEEN AHEM). It was a Catholic, Mexican wedding, with the traditional coins and beads (I KNEW BECAUSE I RESEARCHED THIS A LONG TIME AGO FOR A REASON I DON'T REMEMBER!) and lots of praying. Every other word was about God... you would've thought that God was getting married, not Nav and Link. (DON'T HURT ME WHOEVER IS READING!)
Now that my blasphemy is over for the moment, I will load pictures someday (when my COMPUTER IS FIXED!!!!). Loads of Oracle people were there, including Chirag (with Kalee in tow of course), Anita, Crystal, Steph, Alice, and Winston. We took loads of pictures together afterwards with everyone looking spiffy. After Nav and Link FINALLY emerged from the church, we took pictures with them (well.. the photographer that Alice thought was hot took pictures of us--he was alright.. I suppose. Seen better)

Robin, Kathleen, and I left for Starbucks to meet up with Andy where java chip frappachinos NEVER tasted better (Robert was working, if anyone cares, and the other Derek was sitting outside). We decided (actually Robin and Andy decided) to play the slapping game. Or wahtever it's called. I prefer the slapping game. Basically, Robin and Andy hurt like a ***** (I don't know what word that is, but use your imagination.) I now have bruises on both my arms. It's that one game where you use your thumbs and you call out a number and if the total number of thumbs up equals the number you called out, you get to wack people that many times with your index and middle finger. See, if it were the "let's use our palm to slap people" game, I would have bruised them all. But NOOO, it was the "let's use these two fingers". I have been abused.

I had to leave because my parents made me attend this dinner with Asian people (my mom's old college friends). One of the people had a 19-year-old son who was literally, fresh off the plane (like for three days) and I remembered he was a mute. It was quite depressing. But... I also remembered that... he LIKES FOOTBALL. So after lots of translations of names (it sounds so weird when Gerrard is pronounced in Chinese... Alonso's even worse... Lahm isn't too bad), we were ranting about football together. SO nice to finally talk to someone who actually KNOWS who all these people for once. But he is evil. He supports Real Madrid. Disgusting. Galacticos. EW. His favourite players are Fernando Torres (HE'S COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well... let's hope he is.. KNOCK ON SOMETHING!!!) even though he plays for Real Madrid's rivals Atletico Madrid, and Raul.

Oh! And I am currently angry with capitalism. As I just explained (in brilliant, allegorical terms as well) to Shayne:

everything is a commodity
even freakin test scores
so they're releasing AP scores right now
but to get them early, on July 1, you can call to get them
so after a sleepless night of nervousness
i get up relatively early (for me)
and call
AND the catch is...
you have to pay $8
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so we pay THEM money to TORTURE US
and then we have to PAY THEM to SEE THE RESULTS?
it's like... here's $83, put me on the rack
after you pull apart my ligaments and shatter my bones
and leave me a wreck of what i once was without extracting any useful information from me
charge me more money to survey the damage

Yup. I am angry. Not to mention I probably failed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... I wanted to go to the wedding...

7/02/2007 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home