Saturday, July 07, 2007

I've decided I immensely dislike Andy. He made me a bet that he could create a facebook for me, copying all my interests, mannerisms, exclamation point happiness, phrases, and basically.. all that comprises the essence of me, and no one would be able to tell that it wasn't me. And so he did.

And sure enough, no one but me could tell. No one even noticed that he GOT MY BIRTHDAY WRONG. *GLARE* But other than that rather glaring error, the only other mistake that I could find is that "Wicked" is not one of my favourite books, but I don't think anyone other than me would ever suspect that because of my ardent devotion to the musical.

And then Andy made me realize that by allowing him to do so, he has the power to say anything he likes to my friends.

And then I had to use facebook.

GRAH.

I dislike you.

I refuse to be addicted. I refuse. Tis not football, McFly, or anything else worthy of my obsessive nature!!

My dad yelled at me today for wasting my life away and not doing anything except eat candy and talk on the phone (which was then linked rather unsubtly to my growing obesity). He told me not to waste all this time and I can't just enjoy life. Excuse me. Sitting at home in front of my computer staring at BBC isn't exactly my idea of enjoying life. But what else can I do? I don't have anything to bloody do. Well I do, but not anything pressingly important or that I want to do. He wants me to read ancient Greek texts... it's interesting.. but how long can I just sit there and do that?
I miss school. I always hate summers. I know I do. Only the unprecedented amount of stress and fatigue this past year caused me to look forward to summer as a blessed haven of reprieve. But now that I've regained my sleep, I realize I live for stress. I would rather be stressed out of my mind than bored out of my mind.

Tis a paradox.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with you, summer sucks. If it wasnt for internship i would be going crazy right now

7/08/2007 7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u hate summer...


like harry potter!

I'm Back! fun story. almost missed my flight. i got there when the door was closing. fun stuff. u should hear it!

7/08/2007 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I was just on facebook right before checking your blog and I was like "oh, elaing friended me! that's funny, i remember her complaining about myspace, but she has a facebook! oh well." So I came here to declare we were now officially friends as we are friends on face book. And you didn't even make your facebook. hahahahah... i can't stop laughing hahahahahahahahaha... i read the interests part and remember it saying MCFLY!!!! FOOTBALL!!! and thinking *sigh* elaine. hahahahaha... you get the idea...

7/08/2007 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO FACEBOOK! NO MYSPACE! ONLY BLOG AND XANGA FOR US! WE MUST NOT CONFORM!!!

you're not fat nor lazy, you're the extreme opposite of both, DAGNABBIT.

the hobbit has spoken.

7/09/2007 6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the Harry Potter comment has already been taken, I'll leave it at that, shall I?
And no, summer isn't all THAT boring, you just don't entertain yourself well. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, I suppose, after all, it does tend to prevent a sedentary life style... But think, its either this, or reading Hemingway and Beckett... personally I choose boredom to Beckett, at least there is the hope of redemption to it...
At any rate, this is rather long winded for me, so I think I'll leave it there. Don't kill yourself in any ill-conceived reliefs from the monotony!

7/09/2007 10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never read hemmingway... and i did and IB oral...

7/10/2007 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home