Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wow I haven't posted this much in a LONG TIME!!

It's not a poem because there's absolutely no rhyme or not even any rhythm. We usually go for rhythm, but this is just an emotional blob that attempted to be artistic.

Every day looking to you for hope.
Every day sent crashing down.
I live in a memory
Your ghost I cannot banish
Haunting me, teasing me
Warmth and smiles it offers
Solitude and pain it yields

Why do I still think of you?
Why do I see through him to you?
Why is your face the only one I see in the crowd?
Why does a smile from you to someone else
Burn within me in a jealous flame
Why is a smile from you to me
Hoarded like a precious jewel
Why do the sun in moon rise in your eyes?
Why do I dream of soft whispers and softer kisses?
Why do memories of you blur my mind?
Why does every love song sing your name?
Why is every couple holding hands you and me?

What is this vise you have upon me?
Why can I not break free?

Why do I still think of you?
Why do I still want you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow elaine, that was great. totally blows my poetry out of the water, yet it captures my feelings also. good job. good job one of my only two friends.

5/04/2006 6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A down-right literary cornucopia, that's what your blog is, lol.

I'm allergic. Are you allergic? WHY MUST WE BE ALLERGIC?!?! Blah...

5/04/2006 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home