Tuesday, January 03, 2006

legovanan
I'm feeling a little strange. My two favorite songs at the moment are not classified under Original Soundtrack OR Musicals. This is disturbing. If you are wondering what two songs could have that fantastic power, they are "Collide" by Howie Day and "Listen To Your Heart" by DHT. I'm also really liking "Broken" by Seether & Amy Lee. Thank you to Kathleen for all the great songs off her computer of course, hehe. And thanks to Marlo for "Listen to Your Heart". Now I'm just waiting for "Cannonball" by Damien Rice from Ryan.
Already stressed out, but I'm really proud of myself right now. I'm glad winter break happened because it gave me the short repose of getting over myself and controlling my emotions I needed. With the exception of certain days, like derby day (where we won of course), I did pretty well. So I was thinking to myself, "I'll see how I feel tomorrow when I see him. That'll show me if I'm alright now." I'm proud of myself! I had little difficulty pretending he didn't exist in AP Euro, or maybe Napoleon was just too fascinating. The bus ride home was taken over gladly by discussion of Edward Cullen. No one insults my book! ROBIN, YOU KILLED IT! OMG. This is a warning to everyone out there. If you don't want it to be ruined, don't have Robin say it. "His hands were glowing." ROBIN!!!! Oy.. she made the highly romantic scenes sound sooooo cheesy! I was like, "I LOVE THAT SCENE" and then she tells it and i'm like, "Alright I don't love it anymore."
Then we started talking about how books and characters like that disappoint you though, because they make you realize you're never going to find someone like that. Real guys aren't like Phineas or Romeo or Edward. Robin was saying that it disappoints her and that she'd rather not read stuff like that, but I differ. I like to live in my books and my movies. I like those characters better, and gracias a Robin because somehow that conversation made me really get over it. It was really unexpected, but somehow while I was saying the things and when I was thinking about it, the weight just lifted. I think I prefer my literary characters and if that makes me a sad anti-social nerd then so be it. But it's weird though because it's not exactly that. I don't know why that conversation just lifted all that crap off of me so and made me happy for the first time in a while.
Now I just have to focus on my schoolwork. Get through finals Elaine. Must get through.
Thank you Robin for reading Twilight and having that talk with me, even though Edward Cullen is MINE!
Thanks to Ashley and Kathleen for, as Yogin put it, "carrying me over the mountain."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home