Saturday, November 05, 2005

legovanan
Your true friends are the people that you can never see, and not be able to talk to for a long time, but when you reunite, you still have things to discuss and common interests.
It saddens me, because I was going through a couple of people's myspace thingies, like isaac and people, and you know how on there they have their friends pictures and stuff, and i don't recognize very many of these people. his interests, other than soccer, have changed, and i realize that when we meet, there really isn't much we can talk about anymore. It's not like before, we could still talk about school and the different people. Now we don't even have that in common anymore.

Maybe it's just me. We're made of different things. For example, Ashley and Camron can go hang out with Roshi, Isaac, Andres and co and still laugh and talk and be absolutely happy and nothing's different at all. I can't do that. I don't find the same things interesting. It was like that in 8th grade too, I suppose, but now the gap is even wider.

Even though I would do anything to relive those old times, and it brings tears to my eyes knowing that it'll never be like that again, I don't regret my choices. Looking at my archives, I see all my whining about last year and how I hated it, and there was no one I truly bonded with, I'm glad I feel so different about this year. Maybe it's because I've had more time to find the people, or maybe I've been asianized or something, but I'm happy with my group of friends. Telling Royston to shut up every day, making fun of Robin, playing Big 2, and singing on the bus. It's great, but I really do miss Isaac, Roshi, Andres, Karisha, Connie, Eddie, etc.

I don't know. Our friendships haven't ended, but they've slowed and are dwindling. I wish I could have both worlds, but I know I can't.

Elaine is a bit melancholy at the moment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel exactly the same way-- except that i don't make fun of myself.
i miss my old amigos, but there's nothing to talk to them about anymore.
matt's mad at me. i`m also mad at him. and i`m waiting until he's saying sorry, `cause i didn't do anything wrong.
i love you elaine!
in the non-lesbian-ess i am.

11/06/2005 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home