Wednesday, October 26, 2005

legovanan
I always have so many things to ramble about during the day, but when I'm actually here I have absolutely no idea what to rant about. Amazing...

OMG.. GATTACA WAS SOOOO SAD!!!!! Tis a movie, if you guys don't know, starring Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman, and JUDE LAW! Very um... appealing cast, to say the least. JUDE LAW! but no that's not why i liked the movie, though it obviously added to it. He had the most awesome lines. However the themes appealed to me the most, especially his. I mean the Ethan Hawke character, Vincent had the theme that you can be whatever you set your mind to, and the tagline of the movie: There is no gene for the human spirit. But the theme of Jerome appealed to me more, as it was just the opposite. This guy has been programmed so that he is the best as you can be, physically and mentally, and is practically going to live forever, with the highest intelligence, physicality, capability in general, but he doesn't win.
One of them suffers under the burden of constraint, as people don't allow him the chance to do anything.
The other suffers under the burden of perfection. He is expected to outperform, to win, to dazzle, and when he can't, he doesn't understand and can't take it.

O great this is starting to sound like my Anakin rants. Hehe I think characters that were destined to have a great destiny but fell short, and in doing so, couldn't deal with their lack of perfection seem to appeal to me especially.

I sobbed in English today when we finished the movie. Sobbed. My jacket was wet, and Gleb wouldn't stop making fun of me. Mrs. Madrid gave me like 3 pats on the head and a hug. Hehehe...

Chem test was easy today, provided I didn't make any stupid mistakes. Trig test, grammar quiz, and Spanish verb quiz tomorrow!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out dominic monaghan wallpaper if you like LOST

10/26/2005 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, they're annoying... ^^^

Gattica was a good movie, and sad at the end, but I didn't quite break down like you.

10/26/2005 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shakes head in disbelief*

10/26/2005 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOO SADDDDD
ESTA TRISTEEEEE
AHHHHHHHH
MY EYES WERE QUIVERING AND WATERING
AHHHHHHHH
correct my grammar, por favor
IT WAS SO SADDDD)=
I WANTED TO CRY
but i`m a macho woman
SOOBBBBBBB
i`m not reallya macho woman

chelsea lost
i hope you're happy.

10/26/2005 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yawn...i thot u did this evry day.... guess not

10/27/2005 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home