Saturday, June 25, 2005

legovanan
So I sign off around midnight, thinking, "Alright I'm going to bed now."
Brush my teeth, put on the contacts, brush my hair, etc.
"Maybe I'll go take a look at this book really quick. Just read the summary and maybe start a few pages. Just a couple. Then I'll go to sleep." So I go to the book room (in my house; tis larger than the classics section at the library) and grab "Tess of the D'Urbervilles".
Read the inside flap, since it's hardbound. Then start reading.

It was three AM before I put it down.

I kept thinking, "Just a bit more.. It's only like 1 AM right now!"

And when I woke up this morning at 11 AM, I started reading again. Haven't stopped till now, and it's still open.

MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS
My dad just sighs at me, because he's DYING to spoil it for me. I asked him, "Is it a sad story or a happy ending?"
"It's one of the saddest books ever written."
"WHAT?!?!?!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! BUT SHE'S SO SWEET!!!"
"That's the POINT. It's a TRAGEDY."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home