Saturday, December 05, 2009

I'm currently sitting on Florian's bed watching "The Trojan Women" for class. It's very dramatic. The play made me very sad earlier today in Starbucks. I know. Watching a movie for class on a Saturday night. But I'm basically going to be gone all day tomorrow for Vespers. Call time is at 2:45 pm and there's one show at 4 and another at 7:30, which basically means that I'll be sitting there or singing for seven hours. Lovely.

Last night, we celebrated Ricky's birthday in Porter, which was really fun. It was a good mix of people, I think. They had their alcohol, but there were enough sub-free people there that it balanced it out and no one felt left out. And everyone knew and liked each other already, but there were a lot of people that I don't usually see. It was pretty hysterical when there were the "male songs" and the "girls' songs." For example, all the guys went crazy when "I'm On a Boat" came on, and all the girls sang along to Lady Gaga and Britney Spears. The Northie boys, with a few additions, such as Walter and Alec, went crazy, randomly doing pushups with claps, and jumping up and down and dancing to techno. Jorge also went a little crazy (or maybe just tipsy) and decided that he wanted to let loose and dance dirty, but couldn't find anyone to dance with him. So he essentially tried to get me to freak with him, which was pretty hilarious and scary. Apparently, we scarred a lot of people. I couldn't really dance with him though! I can't be the "guy" in that situation! But it was nice to go kind of crazy and let loose for once, so I got a lot of that out of my system for a while.

Today was kind of a strange day though. I got up kind of early to go decorate Johnson Chapel for Vespers, but by the time I got there, there were basically done, and so I went to lunch with Florian. Afterwards, we went to Starbucks to do homework until rehearsal time for Joseph's thesis. It was our first rehearsal with the boys! It was lovely to hear the whole piece like it was supposed to sound, and of course, always lovely to sing with boys! But then afterwards, I was supposed to go hang out with Shannon, whom I haven't really talked to for too long. We had texted earlier in the day to plan something, and we had agreed that I was going to visit after rehearsal, but when I got there, she was leaving to go out to eat with Karlin, Tim's friend. I mean, I don't mind at all, and they invited me, but I didn't go because it wasn't like they'd invited me beforehand and it was more like they had to to seem polite. I'm sure they wouldn't have minded, but still. I felt awkward. And I didn't have that much money. But it was just a little sad because I hadn't seen her in a while and really wanted to sit down and have a nice chat, but then she left. Sigh. Bah. Busy schedules and the tide of life.

Part of my French grade is reciting a poem or singing a song in French at our Cabaret! I'm excited. I just wrote my professor to ask her if I could sing "Je t'ecris" by Gregory Lemarchal, one of my favourite songs. We shall see. I'm also going to fail logic. Oh well.

Oh. I almost forgot! Today was the first snow!! It was beautiful, and the flakes were huge. Maybe tomorrow we shall awaken to a winter wonderland. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home