Monday, December 15, 2008

If you haven't heard by now, I'm HOME!!!!

... after the longest plane ride EVER. Brian, Shannon, and I got up bright and early at 7 to go to breakfast and then see me onto my shuttle at 8:20. We got to Converse around 8:15 and sat there for 30 minutes before I finally decided that it was getting ridiculous and that I was going to call them. Turns out, they changed it to 9 AM!! And we stood there for 50 minutes in the freezing (literally) cold!!! Finally, the shuttle came, and, after hugging Shannon and kissing Brian, I got on the shuttle. The only other passenger (leaving a whole week early) was a sophomore from LA who was meeting her mom in Atlanta and then flying to Nigeria to visit her extended family. We talked about the freezing weather and the Twilight series (though I was falling asleep) and soon enough, we were at the airport. Once we got there, we both couldn't find our flight (which was the same one), so we asked the attendant and he said that our flight had been CANCELLED!!!

We both panicked. Her flight had been rebooked to the next morning, and she was MAD. I was slightly preoccupied to pay attention to her plight, however, and got myself rebooked on a flight an hour and a half later. I sat around Hartford airport, which thankfully has free wireless, and talked to Camille and called sleeping Brian. I finally boarded the plane, which was 30 minutes late in taking off. This meant that it landed at 3:50 instead of 3:20 like it was supposed to, which meant that it just might be difficult to get to my connection at 4:10. I got off the plane by 4 PM, RAN for my life, squeezed into a tram, battled my way off, ran up two escalators hitting people the whole way, and finally got to the gate at 4:05. AND IT WAS FLIPPING CLOSED. AND IT HAD CLOSED TWO SECONDS AGO. RAWR. So I had to wait for the 5:30 flight, which was FULL, and hope that someone couldn't make the plane the way I had. AND THANKFULLY, THEY DIDN'T!! YAY!!! And then that plane was another 50 minutes late to get to LA. BUT YAY! I'M HOME!!

And since I'm home, I eat LOTS OF AWESOME CHINESE FOOD!!! WHEE!!!!! Andy and Kathleen came over last night to my mom's crazy homecoming Asian party she threw for me. And it was awesome! I love them so much. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside that no matter how long or far we've been apart and how much has gone on in our lives without the others, every time we just pick off exactly where we left off as if we didn't leave off at all. That's the mark of true friendship. :) We watched the last half of "Hairspray" with my cousin Hetty, talked about our respective schools, and mocked Kathleen's concerned creeper face. :) As tradition goes, we went to Starbucks, drank coffee, and did ridiculous jumping pictures outside. All is well in life. :)

Tonight, I dropped by Matthew's house after dinner. That felt the same as well. Matthew is still ridiculous and mocking, still telling me about all the hot girls he sees, freaks out about what he looks like, made me look at the expensive clothes he wants to buy from Express, and mocks Liverpool. Yup. Matthew's the same.

Yay for seeing friends!! Though I do miss Amherst kids lots! :( It's weird because they're all still there, so when I webcam with Brian and talk to them all, I feel like I've left them behind and that life there is still continuing without me. That's alright. I'll be back there soon enough, and Brian will be home soon enough. Yay!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

arent airports the best?

12/16/2008 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.. with the over usage of smiley faces, you MUST be excited...

12/16/2008 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home