Wednesday, October 22, 2008

So much to talk about.. I really shouldn't let all this writing pile up.

Last week was mid-semester break, which was really relaxing. I really did nothing, but it was time I enjoyed wasting, so I guess it wasn't wasted. Friday night, the guys decided that they were going to have a Bourne movie marathon. I'd only ever seen the first, but I wasn't that into watching them, but then I got sucked in. They are some very good action movies. Even I got sucked in. And now Brian keeps attacking me with a pen, a book, a magazine, and a towel (in various combinations) because Brian thinks he's Jason Bourne.
We also played lots of poker. Not for money, of course. At one point, I was totally dominating, but then Brian destroyed me, as per usual. Brian spent that entire night just ruthlessly insulting and then beating me. The highlight was probably when he was telling me to put in money as the big blind.
"You know why you're the big blind Elaine?"
"What?"
"Because you've been blinded by your ugliness."

OUCH, Brian Kim.

This past week I participated in my first leaf fight! It was amazing!! There are piles and piles of leaves everywhere, making it really beautiful. Near Webster there are a line of pine trees and I was walking by with the wind blowing and the pine needles were falling like snow, cascading down to join their fallen compatriots in a sweet repose. It's supposed to snow soon, and the other night it was below 0 Celsius!!! AHH!! What am I going to do??? I'm the one who always complains about the cold, something everyone seems to like to joke about.

Saturday, I went to NYC for my seminar. At first I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good day, since I didn't really know the people in my seminar well, or if I did, I didn't want to. But it turned out to be an amazing day! I have to go to history now, so I'll post more today. I promise!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, if you weren't playing for money, what WERE you playing for? Not clothes, I should hope... That would be a bit too much to take in at the moment... Anyways, at least you're having fun.

10/22/2008 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home