Thursday, August 14, 2008

My dad decided that I had eaten too much at dinner, some of which, by the way, I cooked!! YAYY FOR ELAINE!! So about half an hour ago, he decided that we were going to take a stroll around the neighbourhood. We walked all the way down to Chino Hills Parkway and made a circle back, ran inside the house to turn off all the lights brightly wasting electricity, and walked to the park, where we sat on the swings with the breeze blowing gently by, the moon freeing itself from the confines of the clouds, a lone lamp post shining faithfully on, and the distant sound of a happy family chattering over television. My dad gleefully declared, "I feel young again!!!" as he swang, reminiscing about when I was a little kid and we would come to the same park and he would push me on the swings. The swings have changed, the old, rickety wooden set replaced by a plastic, red one, but it still felt the same. We still watched out for the large, mean dog that used to always terrorize me as a child as I turned the corner to the park, and I thought of all the days I spent playing Sand with Eugene, Alex, Kate, and Annum in the park. And my first time on a bicycle, attempts to ride in circles that always ended in another scrape or a cut that my dad would bandage up afterwards with me sitting on the bathroom counter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home