Friday, August 01, 2008

Today is August 1, a fact that very much frightens me. Just the word "August" seems so daunting.. only 22 days until I get on a plane with boxes and suitcases, leaving home and everything and everyone I know for the very first time. I know it's exciting and everyone wants to leave home and go off to college, but I somehow find myself staying in bed, trying to ignore the very idea that I'm leaving. There's still so much that I want to do. And going across the country is so scary!!! What if I hate it there?? Haha as Matthew says, I could always transfer back and live with him at SD. Hah. Bad idea. But still, this "Mamma Mia" (therefore ABBA) song captures it pretty well:

Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time
Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture
And save it from the funny tricks of time
Slipping through my fingers all the time


But onto today's epic story!! It was Sam's (older of the Australian brothers we play with) birthday yesterday, but he was gone with his family to celebrate it, so we decided to surprise him with a cake today. I picked the cake up at Dairy Queen and went to pick up Connie and Jo, who had a cooler, plates, and forks. After we finally got to the park, at a time when Sam and Jeff are ALWAYS there, with Sam usually spinning and then shooting a fadeaway with his left hand, THEY WEREN'T THERE. After Connie and I had THREATENED and basically told them what was going to happen on Wednesday, with, "You guys HAVE to be here on Friday. Like, you HAVE TO, or else we'll go to your house!" they weren't there. It was most unusual, seeing as they are there more often than we are. We, as in Connie, Jo, Stella, and I, sat down and waited. There's another court all the way across the park, barely visible from the other side, and from our side, we saw two people, one tall and one short, playing, and we thought, "Hey! That might be them!" especially considering that there were about 12 young teenage boys sitting on the grass smoking near our court. Connie and I jogged over, craning our necks to see. After I said, "That doesn't look like them," busy looking at their faces, Connie said, "Yeah. That's not Sam's shot." SO TYPICAL, Connie. I would look at the people. She would look at the basketball.

Frustrated at not being able to consume the delicious and aesthetically pleasing cake, Stella, Jo, Connie, and I decided to leave Ryan and Kevin with our things and set off on an epic quest (to destroy the Ring). Sorry. Couldn't help myself. We all knew that they live up the hill from the park, as we see them walking home every day, but not a single one of us knew exactly where they disappeared, as in, what house they lived in. So essentially, the four of us walked up this hill yelling, "SAM!!!! JEFF!!!!!!!!" We saw a lady pull into her driveway in one of the two cul-de-sacs on that street and we basically went up to her and asked, "Excuse me? Do you know any boys named Sam and Jeff who live on this street? They're Australian.." We knocked on doors and talked to anyone outside, taking turns asking, Connie being the most reluctant. Finally, we concluded, most distressingly, that they probably weren't home, since if they were, they would definitely be at the park. And thus, my day was ruined, as I had been looking forward to eating that cake all day, and it now sits in my freezer, unable to be consumed until the aforementioned Australians turn up. GRR. SAMUEL. GRR. We really need to get their number, Connie!!!
But yes, that is the epic tale of how the four of us are stalkers. Good thing none of us looked menacing, or else people really would have been concerned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was funny how everyone we asked noticed the two boys sittin on the curb.. haha


anwyays..

STALKER!!

8/02/2008 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home