Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas shopping never seemed so difficult to me as it does now.

WHY!

WTF IS WRONG WITH POST-MODERNIST LITERATURE?!?!?
I HATE "WAITING FOR GODOT" EVEN MORE THAN I HATE HEMINGWAY.
AND THAT'S SAYING A LOT.

OH and if ONE more person quotes "All I Want For Christmas" in their profile... *STRANGLES SOMETHING IMAGINARY*

On a happier note...
I watched half of Return of the King today!
Faramir brought me to tears, as usual.
Fell back in love with Aragorn.
Felt sorry for Eowyn.

Except there's one problem. Being around Shayne has made me become a LOT more critical of the films. Don't get me wrong. I love them to death, but it's harder for me to accept some of the things they've tweaked from the books.
Namely: ARWEN

GAH I just want to STAB her sometimes in the movies. GLORFINDEL!!! And they make it seem like she's dying half the freakin movie. SHE'S A BLOODY ELF! Just because she says, "I CHOOSE A MORTAL LIFE" does NOT mean she's gonna drop dead and fade RIGHT THEN AND THERE!
And I swear, she's just SO ANNOYING. GAH!

SHAYNE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!

But I still love them! I love them all! Even Liv Tyler's travesty of Arwen!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is hard to believe something is worse than hemingway

12/16/2006 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear... I do feel rather bad about that... Except, I think it would have annoyed you eventually anyway. I only hastened the inevitable cynicism... Sill, I suppose that's not particularly good...

12/16/2006 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...its not liv tyler's fault...its actually peter jackson's fault and the screenwriter (his wife i believe). they are the one that wanted arwen to be portrayed like that...so dont be hatin on her

12/17/2006 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home