Wednesday, November 01, 2006

MWAAHAHA I LOVE ELSA!!!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

And it only took about 20 minutes of my pathetic, wasted life!

I LOVE TOLKIEN!!!!

The Extensive Lord of the Rings Survey!
Basics
NameIsilme
AgeImmortality cannot be counted.
GenderFemale
LocationI vary between Ithilien and Minas Tirith. Wherever Faramir's duties take him at that point in time. Not a big fan of Osgiliath though.
Favorite...
of the three moviesthe Return of the King
characterHey it is unfair to make me choose one. Faramir, Aragorn, Frodo ,Sam. in that order.
scenealright that's not fair either. they're all amazing and i absolutely adore all of them that don't scare me. hehe yes shayne. Erm.. if I HAD to choose, Faramir's scene with Denethor, "If I should return, think better of me, Father". Makes me cry every freakin time. Aragorn's speech: "Sons of Gondor! ...", Sam's speech at Osgiliath, the Grey Havens, the bit between Sam & Frodo at the end of FotR, "Of course you! And I'm going with you!" hehe sam. the bit between sam and frodo at the end of "Two Towers", Faramir's scene with the-white-unnamed-evil-one. BAH. I HATE HER. the extended TT scene with Faramir & Boromir. the scene where Elrond paints the picture of Arwen's life after Aragorn. the beginnings of Fellowship because they're just adorable. Frodo and Sam on Mt Doom after they've destroyed it, FINALLY. the whole, "For Frodo" scene in front of the Black Gate... should I stop now?
quoteARGH SO HARD. I suppose since my ultimate favorite quote in the world is this one, it's this, "How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back. There are some things time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep. That have taken hold." That or Aragorn's speech. And "Glad to be with you Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things." And Theoden & Eowyn's little exchange about despair. and, "I made a promise Mr. Frodo, a promise. 'Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee'. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to." Sam's epic speech at Osgiliath, Frodo & Gandalf's exchange, "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." and ooo, "I will not say, 'Do not weep', for not all tears are an evil." and "The journey doesn't end here. The gray rain curtain rolls back and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise." and and oo i should stop shouldn't i...
race (men, elves, hobbits, etc.)OH NO FAIR. Gondorians and Elves (Since this is a LotR survey, and not a silmarillion survey... Gondor edges over)
More In-Depth
Why is your favorite character your favorite?I absolutely adore Faramir. His selflessness, his loyalty, his strength, his courage, his.. tragedy.. I just love Faramir okay? Aragorn is THE KING. There is no one else like him. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance. And I know Elsa hates this, but I adore Frodo. I leave it there. Sam.. who doesn't love Sam?
Who is your least favorite character and why?LURTZ. GOD. YOU EVIL, BOROMIR KILLING, SCARY URUK-HAI!!!!
Who could you not care less about?They're all essential!!! and I love them all! alright alright.. I'm sure there's someone... Cant' say Bombadil or Shayne will kill me.. The Uruk-Hai that screams on top of the rock before Helm's Deep. He was just annoying. (and scary)
Why is your favorite movie your favorite?It's the most emotional would be short answer I suppose. If you wanted more, I would have to analyze it scene by scene, and trust me, since I think I listed almost every scene in the "favorite scene" question, not going through that again. It's the culmination of what the other two are building up to, and plus: mucho Faramir. Haha that's not the reason. It's just absolutely beautiful.
Which is your least favorite movie and why?Not Applicable; do not ask me such blasphemous questions
Have you read the books? If so, which is better, books or movies?WHO HASN'T READ THE BOOKS? *COUGH YOGIN AND MICHAEL COUGH* And they cannot be compared. I refuse to answer this one as well.
If you could change something about the movies, what would it be?Remove Miranda Otto and place me there. hehe god Eowyn... argh.. Eowyn's character bothers me too, even though she's the epitome of feminism I suppose...
Did you cry during any of them? Which one(s) and during which scene(s)?O god. Do not make me list them all again. I cried in almost all of them.
Who is the character you wish had died, or had died sooner?AGAIN, that SCARY URUK-HAI WHO KEPT FREAKIN SCREAMING
Fandom
When did you first get into LotR? How?haha I will not disclose this.
Do you write fic? Read it?Both. I lean more towards Silmarillion though, after my earliest days because most of the LotR fan fiction is just Mary-Sue trash written by girls who just write, "[insert name] falls into Middle-Earth and falls in love with a certain, blonde Elven prince of Mirkwood.." if they even know what Mirkwood is that is. But yes.. I write, or rather, wrote fan fiction, and hopefully will write more, and some of my favorite stories ever are by some amazing girls.
Is it your major fandom, or do you like something else more? If so, what?Yes... ultimately. If we were to drag it out beyond the circles of the world, Tolkien would beat McFly, Wicked, football, etc.
Most outrageous/dorky/ridiculously fannish thing you've done for LotRUm... what haven't I done? I reek Tolkien in my existence. Every word that comes out of my mouth is in some way shaped by his beautiful influence. I mean I stand in front of doorways screaming, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!!!!" and quote Tolkien back and forth with Shayne and take so much pleasure in it that it makes my day.
Who's the hottest in the movies?AHH. Aragorn I suppose. Faramir isn't the "hottest", but I love him the most and find him extremely attractive. Aragorn though. To quote Miranda Otto... "I defy all women not to fall in love with him." I ALWAYS think that she has the wrong verb there, but hey. He's Aragorn. He's got it all.
Who's the cutest?Frodo! Alright all the Hobbits. My order is (don't shoot me Elsa): Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin. I don't DISLIKE Pippin, Elsa! I just love the other 3 more!
Who's the least attractive (Gollum notwithstanding)?LURTZ and ALL OTHER URUK-HAI AND ORCS. Within humans, GRIMA. GOD. AHAHAHAHAHA SHAYNE! REMEMBER MICHAEL!
Meet People Online - Take This Survey



Great. Now I HAVE to watch RotK. GREAT. I'm REALLY going to get a lot done today.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sigh at you

11/01/2006 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the books are boring

11/01/2006 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I love Pippin...BECAUSE YOU DONT!!! He needs love just as much as FAIRY!

11/02/2006 3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.xanga.com/DarkSeraph_x

my oiseau friend did it too!

(do not be frightened of the pic...that was his "halloween costume"...and don't be frightened of the marilyn manson, though i totally am...just read the survey!!!)

11/02/2006 3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was a fairy for halloween!!

11/02/2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger isilme said...

yes and you were very precious

11/02/2006 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home