Sunday, June 25, 2006

Alright I know you're all sick and tired of McFly and hate their guts and hate my guts for loving them so much, but...

WOW

This article was published in a British magazine and it completely blew me away. It's completely un-McFly, meaning it's MATURE, completely. Not even little Dougie comments. And it touches on deeper issues than just what kinds of girls they fancy.

I know none of you give a damn and seriously, if you don't give a damn, don't read this. Don't complain to me though. I post what I want on MY blog.

But for the three people who genuinely love McFly who come here, I'm posting this.

Here's to you, Robin, Vicki, and Elsa.

http://www.dougiepoynter.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=8590

There's stuff cut off because the scan couldn't get to it, but I'll post most all that here.

The band's songs-invariably self penned-often contains elements of autobiographies. Their hit The Ballad Of Paul K alludes to their fathers' midlife crises-and in Danny's case, has turned out to be unhappily prescient. 'While I was away filming in America my dad had an affair,' he says. 'He's left mum in such a mess. This new woman goes around saying, 'I'm going out with Danny from Mcfly's dad' And to think I helped him out when he was in debt.
Danny, a no-nonsense 20- year- old Lancastrian educated by catholic priests at Thornleigh College, Bolton, preserves a zero tolerence approach to parential infidelity. He has not spoken to his father, who is a prison officer, since he abandoned his mum, Kathy.

Dougie, at 18, the youngest of the band, is also alienated from his absentee father, Gary. 'My dad vanished off the face of the earth for two weeks before I joined the band. Mum was in pieces when he went.'

Wow... poor lads. Poor Danny. A couple weeks ago, I was asking Vicki who Danny is singing "Don't Know Why" to, because the lyrics don't make sense if they're about a girl. But it has to be something personal because
#1 it's the one song he wrote completely by himself, not even with his sister like "Not Alone"
#2 he looks so moved when he sings it in concert.

And finally, it makes sense.

I don't want to know your game
Let alone her name
Don't matter what you say to me
We are not the same
Why do you make me cry?
Try to justify
Don't right your wrongs with my mistakes
Cuz my head's held high

And I don't know why
I just let it slip by
In all the time
I just wish you'd had tried.

Dreams we had as kids all fade away
Now it's not the same...


Wow.. " Don't Know Why" just took on a completely different meaning.

I know how he feels, even though I was a lot younger when it happened, unlike him...

But he's still such a nice, sweet idiot.

With rock star status came its inevitable corollary: instant recognition and the fawning devotion of droves of teenage fans. If the constant, clamorous attention gets onerous, the boys are good at hiding it. Danny- the perpetually genial: anxious not to give offence, often ends up chatting interminably to fans.
'I always say hello and talk to them as if they're friends,' he says. 'They ask for autographs, then they want a chat and sometimes, when I'm out with my family and just want a moment to myself, I spend hours talking. Once I ended up going home with a taxi driver to meet his kiddies. He said, 'my house is on the way to yours.' so I said 'okay, we'll go round then.' When I got there, they were all in too much shock to speak.'


Aww go Danny..

O yeah... and after you read that article, if you didn't already hate Lindsay Lohan. You do now. OMFG. BITCH. Yeah Harry. Come to my hotel room. Spend the night with me. After that, I'll completely ignore you and then throw a temper tantrum because you're deciding to come out about it.

Harry said:
We sat together during the meal and she chatted to me about girls I'd been out with. She asked if I'd ever been out with an older woman, and I said I'd once dated a 30-year-old. After the meal, we all went on to a club in a limo. she said, 'Harry, you're sitting next to me.' Later, she introduced me to a few people as her boyfriend (her little joke) Then she said, 'Kiss me.' I was really nervous, I can tell you, because she's so super successful and talented. I thought, "this is awesome". Then she invited me back to her hotel: I left at eight the next morning.

A couple of nights later, he and Lindsay found themselves at the same party. 'I was chatting to Jude Law and Sean Penn. Lindsay ignored me the whole evenimg. Then, at the end of the night, she asked me to go back to her hotel again. I said I was tired and declined. The last time I saw her was at the hollywood premier of the film. She gave me a kiss on the cheek: we exchanged a few words. I don't know if I'll see her again, at the british premier. It could be pretty awkward if I do. Perhaps she'll slap me for talking so openly about her.'

Haha.. I'd like to see her slap Harry with all those British girls screaming their heads off for McFly. The only reason why her STUPID movie will sell like none before in Britain is because McFly's in it. She should know that. That was THE stupidest chick flick I have EVER seen, and possibly the WORST movie I've EVER seen. The only reason I saw it was because of McFly. Vicki saw it TWICE because of McFly.

Prospective dates, too, have become abundant. The lads claim they have no difficulty in picking the genuine girls from the kiss-and-tell brigades, although Danny was once caught out. "A girl went to bed with him and sold the story," reports Tom. "She said he wasn't very good and kept his socks on. We thought it would ruin us. But it didn't."

Bad Danny. Bad.
And hey, he's a Catholic too. "Lancastrian educated by catholic priests at Thornleigh College, Bolton"
Wow and he went to religious school too. Wow Michael will be ashamed.

"It's not a crime to go to bed with someone if you're single, is it?" asks Harry, adding laconically, "It's only a crime if they say we were rubbish."

I sigh at Harry, and I know Michael will damn them to hell forever...

The only band member who has a steady girlfriend is Tom, whose relationship with a drama school student (he has always resolutely declined to name her) predates his McFly days. "We were friends at school," says Tom, who grew up with two siblings in Harrow, Middlesex, where his mum works with autistic children and his dad is a chaperone for child actors in plays and films. "We'll have been together for three years in October. She does get a little bit worried when I go on tour, but if you're really committed you find ways to make a relationship work. Are we serious? Yes. If we weren't we wouldn’t have been together this long."

Aww go Tom!

On Danny:
Who would be his ideal date? "Kelly Clarkson!" he says, referring to the first winner of TV's American Idol. "Dougie and I are fighting over her. Her voice! We both love her. We went to her concert. We could go on a double date with her." Where would they go? "To Monkey World in Dorset," says Danny, who has a talent for producing unexpected answers. "That would be cool."

Robin!!! We need to go in there and show them that we can sing like Kelly Clarkson! Alright no we can't, but we can try!

And a bit just for Robin:
Dougie is an Essex boy whose vowels have acquired a polished edge since he joined the group. 'I taught him 'posh',' quips in Danny, the joker in the pack, whose often-impenetrable Northern accent remains unleavened by a three-year sojourn in the South. (the boys have each brought homes, a stone's throw from one another, in the leafy Middlesex commuter belt.)

YAY it better not be "leavened by a three-year sojourn in the South." his accent's one of the best things about him. I'm a bit sad they all moved out of McFly Mansion as all the home videos were loads of fun of course, and because the prospect of four teenage boys living together in a huge house just makes me laugh.

Words like 'surreal', 'awesome', and 'wicked' pepper their conversation. They have not become jaded or cynically inured to the privilege that wealth and fame confer. They want to use their talent to good effect. To this end they recorded a single for Comic Relief and co-headlined the Live 8 concert in Japan.

Tom is financing his sister's path through private school. Harry, a keen cricketer, has also raised money through charity matches, for teenage cancer sufferers. "My best friend in the whole wide world, James Gardiner, had leukemia when he was 12. He survived and he fit is now, but it was an awful scene at the time and I tried to help him through it," he says. "I also visit young cancer patients. If you can brighten someone's day it is very rewarding."

Aww go them.

Alright I'm done. I'm done.
"Don't Know Why" is rapidly becoming the favorite song again. It got topped by "Memory Lane" and "I've Got You" for a while, but it made its way back!

I love watching that bit in concert.
Probably because Danny's the only one on stage...
Poor Danny... *hug*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home