Saturday, February 25, 2006

That was weird.

Most definitely.
First of all, you have to open the window with your LEFT hand and the seat belt buckles in on the RIGHT side. That was most bizarre.

This definitely shows that I have to move to England, because being on the left hand side of a car just weirds me out.

Yes people, Elaine just drove a car for the first time in her life. Other than the ONE occurrence where I mistook the gas for the brake, I did pretty okay.

My dad drove us to a secluded parking lot behind Ralphs. There was nothing there but a tractor, and no I did not run into that either. At first, I just had to drive from one end to the other in a straight line. I was pretty okay with that, except I couldnt' really drive backwards in a straight line. Then we worked on turning. That was fun! Whee! but I was dizzy after like 10 times around. And then we worked on parking. Parking is hard. It's like coloring. Do I HAVE to stay in the lines? Actually, when it came to coloring I was one of those kids that freaked out when it was outside the lines. I'm still like that. It looks BETTER inside the lines. I couldn't back out of a parking space. My dad kept saying, "Alright if there was a car on either side of you, my insurance just went up." I amended that, but then it so happened that there actually could be another car BEHIND you too... Oyy.. how many directions to I have to worry about?
O yeah, and according to my dad you absolutely canNOT drive without REAL shoes on. EWWWW!!! My feet were like BURNING!

Yeah but that was a fun experience.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww my elaine went driving today!!!
i'm so proud of you. hehe...we (as in the three of us) need to do something this weekend..but i think the "stuff" we talked about earlier needs to be put on hold for a bit...explanation later when you CALL! lOl
rawr
-ashley

2/25/2006 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home