Monday, July 04, 2005

legovanan
Bad news.. my great-aunt on my mother's side (grandma's sister; english family relations confuse me; twice removed, all that stuff) passed through the grey-rain curtain of this world; it turned to silver glass, and i'm hoping she saw the white shores and the far green country under a swift sunrise beyond.
If you don't know what I'm talking about under my Tolkien references, let's just say my great-aunt isn't with us any longer. Relate that to your own religions and mental capacities; i related it to mine.

She's closer to my mom than my grandma is, so my mom, my aunt, and my older cousin are all going to her funeral. Apparently my mom's taking me along, and we leave tomorrow night, unless she changes her mind and let's me stay. I mean, I don't want to sound like an extremely unsensitive selfish brat and I know I should probably be there, but I didn't really know her. My older cousin grew up with her; my great-aunt waited for her every day after school to take her out and buy her sweets, as she never married, never even went on a date (hehe kathleen don't feel bad i'll always love you), and my aunts obviously grew up with her, but to me, she was hao puo (bad pin yin), an obstinate old lady who spoke 4 languages including french and russian (which i'm going to learn), loved football (REAL FOOTBALL to you yanks) and was a bit loony. I mean, I don't mind going, but why this week? WHY

Lo siento. Desole. Schade. Arrependido. Zhal. Ani apsene!! Ai, haryal nyerenya. Hanna, mellon nin, we will have to cancel/reschedule. I'm coming back on the 12th apparently, at this rate, so I forget what day you're leaving, but hopefully I can see you. I'll tell you what's happening soon. I sigh and cry. That was the highlight of my summer man. damn it. Last year at this time I was packing to leave for England...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home