Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sickness and parties basically sum up the past week for me. I started with a slight cough Wednesday night, which turned into a real cough Thursday, leading to a fever and runny nose. Fever lasted for three days, until my dad, who wouldn't leave my side and took my temperature every 15 minutes, took me to... the DOCTOR!!
You must understand... I've NEVER been to the doctor's before. Ever. I was actually quite excited, which is I'm sure, a rare emotion when visiting the doctor. She diagnosed a... what I think translates to... sinus infection + allergies leading to lots of disgusting mucus clogging up everywhere and causing inflammation. But she gave me lots of drugs and wow! they really do work!!

I also hung out with Sarah right before I was incapacitated by illness, which was loads of fun as usual. I picked her up at Borders in Brea, where Sarah "likes to touch the cheap books." We drove back to my house, where I fed her ice cream so I could have some myself and forced her to watch "Enchanted." We all had a lovely dinner, which consisted of me downing a steak while Sarah ate her vegetarian goods... I then drove her back to Santa Ana, so she bought me Starbucks (even though I was craving a brownie), where we sat in the car until she devoured her whole frappachino so her parents wouldn't know. Lovely.

For the 4th of July, when I was less disgustingly sick, Kathleen came over for dinner, with Justine and Derek in tow. We had ribs, turkey, mac and cheese, and salad. Justine eats like a monster, btw. We laughed about loads of things, went upstairs to sing McFly songs at the top of our lungs, and eventually, went out to go see fireworks. We drove towards Diamond Bar HS where the fireworks were being set off. There were SO. MANY. ASIANS. OH MY GOD. There was absolutely no way we were going to get anywhere near the parking with our car, so we just started turning down random residential streets near the fireworks. Finally, this car in front of us (probably doing the same thing) just refused to move for five minutes, so we decided to put on our flashing lights and just park there and watch. When they finally left, we realized that there was a slight parking space available in front of this random person's house.. And when I say slight parking space, I mean that NORMAL people's cars, like a Prius or a Civic, could have fit without problem. Kathleen, however, drives a monster truck, which ended up taking up the parking space and the entire length of the driveway. Oh well. Too bad for them. We all climbed into the back of the truck and laid there, watching the fireworks light up the sky. It was so lovely and romantic. :) Derek got really scared though, and ran back into the truck to sit there with my mom, plugging his ears and asking to go home. I've realized that that kid, no matter how crazy and sometimes bullying he can be, is really easily scared of things. Like fireworks. And the ghost that Erin invented. We got home from the fireworks show and Kathleen wanted to watch a "feel-good movie," and picked "The Princess Bride." Always a good choice.

The next day, Lauren and Erin's parents threw a big Asian party. Bai Lan was there, and spent the whole time making fun of everyone, especially me. He even pulled on my hair... what kind of an "adult" does that?! But Kathleen and I had an awesome time, laughing at each other... such as the fact that she called Twitter "Tweeter"... I love Kathleen's laugh. She closes her eyes, rocks back and forth, and looks like she's fallen asleep. We played poker and I won, :D and ate lots of food, as is compulsory at Asian parties. Though everyone was downstairs, Derek demanded to go upstairs, where it was dark. To deter him, Erin invented a "ghost," which haunted the second floor. Derek immediately ceased his whining. So effective. I should try this sometime. Later, when we all went upstairs, Erin made Derek be really, really quiet so as not to "wake the ghost up." This led to Derek and Erin both "shhushing" all of us anytime we spoke above a whisper, which was rather amusing though annoying. Derek then wanted to go back downstairs, but was too afraid to walk alone despite our reassurances that we would watch out for him and that the ghost wasn't going to wake up. But no. He wouldn't until Kathleen walked him down, and would come back periodically to check if the "ghost was awake." Oh young children.

Last night, Vicki's mom Facebook-messaged me (yes.. we're friends on Facebook) and asked me to go over to where they're staying today. They were inviting some friends over for dinner and wanted Vicki to have some company, so had me be a surprise. I walked in, rather unsure of myself today (after getting lost and only knowing where I was because I saw Vicki's car), and saw Vicki, who was equally as unsure and stunned, probably thinking she was hallucinating. But yup. We hung out and stalked McFly, demanded to marry Danny, and made this weird... indescribable... mentally retarded... sound... I think Vicki should demonstrate for everyone. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I was at Diamond Bar HS too for the fireworks! But I was actually on the field watching it.

7/11/2009 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home