Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Vicki's currently at Disneyland with Yogin for his birthday. Happy birthday Yogin! I didn't end up going, so now I'm sitting at home writing, which I never have enough time for. A moment passes by without notice, yet it takes ages to capture it with a pen. It's quite unfair, really. I wish I could just tape record my life so I can just play it back to myself.

Anyway, Vicki's been staying with me since last Thursday, which has been lots of fun. It's really funny seeing my dad's behaviour around Vicki. I never really have any friends over at my dad's house, especially not for protracted lengths of time, so my dad never really interacts with my friends (except Kathleen, who doesn't count because he's known her for forever), so seeing him interact with Vicki is really funny. He gets really shy and won't say anything, but really wants to be welcoming and hospitable. He keeps telling me to ask Vicki to eat this and drink that in Chinese, and I'm like, "Dad! Why don't you ask her?"
"Because... that would be awkward.."
"Why??"
"Because... it'll be embarrassing."
"Father, you are so strange."

It's really quite endearing. Vicki doesn't eat that much, so my dad gets really worked up trying to figure out what it is she likes to eat and was SO delighted when she ate a big bowl of ice cream last night. "Yay I finally found something she likes to eat!"

We visited Troy on Friday. I hung out at layout for a couple of hours (yes, I'm a loser) and caught up with all those kids and Nav. Guantanamo (also known as Riley) is so big now! Vivian Yan refused to give me a hug because apparently I had to come to her, though she eventually broke down and gave me one. Mwahaha. We were all really excited to see each other. :) Shoshee and Emile updated me on all the drama, and of course, Sarah was there. :) Sarah and Nav bicker like two old ladies, which is pretty hilarious and rather strange to me, given that Nav is Sarah's teacher. It was so weird being back, seeing things happen but not actually being a part of them. We walked past the band/orchestra kids setting up for the concert and it was really strange for Vicki not to be dragging her cello and stand around, and I felt an undeniable need to help them at layout (which I did). The two of us went to Chipotle, which was heavenly, and brought it back, where we met up with Alison!! Always SO cute! Stupid cute people... haha :) They went to the orchestra/band concert (which I was supposed to go to.. too) and I went back to layout, and afterwards, the three of us and Janet went to Yogurtland to hang out. We all talked about our lives, particularly boys, and Alison talked about how much she loved college. And we took lots of pictures, of course! Alison, in her cute voice obviously, asked us, "Have I changed guys??" as if the question had been bothering her for some time. I think we've all changed, all grown up a bit, but at the core, we're still the same dorky kids.

We also caught up with Jen the other day, visiting her house and watching "Kal Ho Naa Ho!" :D Some things never change. Yay! Now I have to go read Chinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home