Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I haven't done one of these in a long time, and I'm kind of in the mood. Stolen from Andy..

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
Ice skating

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
An array of Liverpool memorabilia, various gifts from people over the years, including a Middle Earth poster, a sketch of Rivendell, and footballers :)

3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
Umm... I've been told I mumble and breathe loudly. I didn't know people ground their teeth in their sleep..

4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Lots of things. Lots of alternative/pop-ish things, Broadway, Spanish/French music, etc. Let's just list the last five songs I listened to:
1) "Your Song"--"Moulin Rouge"
2) "Wonderwall"--Oasis
3) "Latika's Theme"--"Slumdog Millionaire"
4. "Obviously"--McFly
5. "Ecris L'Histoire"--Gregory Lemarchal
Wow. That was an uncannily good representation of my music taste.

5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
Yup. 3:07 a.m.

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
Estar en España. No sé por que. Y ver a Brian.

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
Brian. Friends. I was thinking about all the people I have yet to see this summer and thinking about everyone's crazy, conflicting schedules. It made me very sad. I haven't even seen Matthew yet.

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)?
Umm... my laptop? Photos and especially memorable presents that people have given me over the years.

9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5"8

10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
I don't think so...

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Not strictly speaking... but sometimes.

12. THE LAST THING TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Hmm. I can't remember. I don't think I've cried in a while. Probably while watching "Up". I WILL cry if Xabi Alonso decides to leave though...

13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR?
As the stereotypical Asian child, failure. That, and death. I'm silly.

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
I used to think that hazel eyes are really pretty, which they are, but it really isn't that important.

15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT?
I don't think about this! It should be a surprise. Whoever is in a position to do that should know me well enough to set it at some lovely, special place that I would love.

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Coffee. Energy Drinks = Ew.
I feel like Andy's response captures my sentiment very well.

17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Pepperoni, and only pepperoni

18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Pistachio almond ice cream.

19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME?
Light blue

20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
Haha this reminds me of art class with Andy so long ago. SWIRL IT, ANDY! But no, I have not eaten a real goldfish.

21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?
Probably something Kathleen gave me.. she's very good at the gifts. I can't think of the "first" so I'm just going to go with the first CD I ever owned, given to me by Kathleen at Christmas in 1997.. the first NSync CD. :)

22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?
ON YOU!

23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
I don't think so...

24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
Umm... I don't think I have one. I went shopping today and detested all the clothing I saw. Oh fashion. You and I do not get along. I'm just going to go generic and say Forever 21.

25. WHO IS YOUR FAV FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY?
I don't think I have a favourite female one... I don't really care about celebrities... other than footballers. Haha. :) And McFly. So McFly, Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso, Steven Gerrard, and then like half the other footballers in the world.

26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
Mickey!! I love Mickey. :)

27. WHAT KIND IS IT
A dalmatian

28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Yes. Not only is that out of your control, but I think the ephemerality, the feeling of certain loss, of inevitability, would render it paradoxically attractive. Not because it's a short-term commitment with not many strings attached, but merely because it seems so much more romantic and tragic, which appeals to my fool-hardy, literature-imbibed mind. :)

30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
Having Andy's responses here really aren't helping... 41.

31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Brunettes! :D No offense... Vicki.. Shannon... Everyone loves blondes. That's why. Stupid blondes.

32. FAVORITE QUOTE?
Currently: "Hay peores cárceles que las palabras."
It means a lot in the context.

33. FAVORITE PLACE?
Starbucks. Amherst College. Home.
To name a few. Anywhere with friends, really.

34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
Yup. Going again next month.

35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Memory. Starbucks. Obsession. Facebook.
Yay for the juxtaposition of abstract with concrete/commercial!

36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS?
Never.

37. FIRST JOB?
Haha to be seen... wow 19 years old and I've never had a job.

38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Yeah at sleepovers when I was younger

39. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOULMATE?
That's a good Natasha Bedingfield song.
Umm... I don't know? We'll see? It's a romantic notion... I hope so? I don't know!!! Ask Kathleen! She'll tell you yes and wax lyrical about it for hours.

40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT?
Talking to Brian, Yogin, and Connie on AIM and reading what Fernando Torres said today... I need to get a lifeee...

41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
Not yet! *knocks on wood*

42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
Recently, piano playing... by Asian adults. But yeah basically that.

43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
Yup.

44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
"Slumdog Millionaire" DVD, but I hope I won't have to wait that long. Umm... an awesome party?

45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT AND THEIR NAMES?
Oy. I hate this question. I don't bloody know. Why are people so obsessed with having children? My mother's constant nagging for grandchildren is really getting to me... but I love naming things! As Camille would know... I like alliterations and French names. Haha. But I usually only like boy names. I like: Pierre, Isaac, Javier, Thierry, and recently, for completely sentimental and ridiculous reasons: Julián.
Girls: Leah, Ariana... yeah that's about it. I can't think of many.

46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
In Chinese, after my great-grandma

47. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST TURN OFF OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
They can be arrogant and downright mean. They do hurtful things, many times without realizing it, and are ridiculous in large groups.

48. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU LIKED ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL?
I loved high school. I know everyone wants to get out of Troy while they're there, but I really do miss Troy. The atmosphere, the teachers, and mostly, the friends. As much as I love Amherst, I don't feel the same connect with the people there as I do with the Troy kids. I don't feel as at home. It might just be that I haven't been there long enough.

49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
Pantene. Always.

50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes. I practice.

51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Ham and only ham!

52. ANY BAD HABITS?
Innumerable

53. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON?
I think I have to confess that I am. But also a very masochistic person. It's a bad combination.

54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Obviously. I'm amazing. Haha.

55. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?
In theory, no. But I can see where it appeals. And I don't know what I'd do if I found myself in such a situation.

56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Yes. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. Ultimately, they don't mean as much, but you know you hate the pretty girl who gets all the guys.

57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
I listen to music, abuse Brian, and complain about it to Shannon.

59. WHAT'S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE?
Figure out what my goal in life is. :)
And live in Europe.

60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Dotty. And my little ornaments.

61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
Umm... I refuse to count. Probably around 50 or something.

62.WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID?
Maybe? I remember watching it..

63. Do you use sarcasm?
Shut up!! I can never tell when people are being sarcastic.

64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE?
Oh goodness... depends.. I used to hate mashed potatoes. Then I saw the folly of my ways.. currently, the former.

65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Exuberance, ability to hold an intelligent conversation, humour, things in common

66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Creeper.. thanks Shannon.

67. IF YOU HAD A SUPER POWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
My nerdy one would be knowing all languages in the world!
My more superpower like one would be... umm I don't know.. this just reminds me of Brian and Camille's endless "Heroes" discussions. Something about Skyler and Claire.. I hate Claire. So the ability to steal other people's powers? I don't know!

68. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
"The Office"

69.WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH YOUR ENEMIES?
Glare at them and then bitch about them with your roommate. :D

70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Pistachio almond, chocolate, mint chip

71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES?
Yes. I am not Frodo. *knocks on wood*

72. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM?
Actually, no. I'm never really in my "room."

73. PLANS FOR TONIGHT?
Sleep.

74. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE WHEN YOU ARE OLDER?
Europe. I can't decide specifically where. England. France. España.

75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
No.

76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
My dad BLASTING Pavarotti is interrupting me listening to "Les Choristes"

77. THE LAST THING YOU DRANK?
Iced tea

78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Padre.

79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Smile, if they're smiling at that moment.

80. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?
Facebook stalk, read various newspapers, read "La Sombra del Viento" too many times

81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
Beautiful people.
I agree, Andy.

82. Favorite season?
Spring.. in California.

83. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF CANDY?
Hershey's Milk Chocolate. Nerds. SWEETTARTS!!

84. HAVE YOU EVER REALLY AND TRULY HAD A BEST FRIEND?
Yup! I'm so lucky. :)

85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Black.

86. EYE COLOR?
Brown/black... Asian.

87. SHOE SIZE?
8.5

88. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
In N Out. Oh how I missed you!

89. FAVORITE RESTAURANT?
Non-Chinese... Chili's.

90. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Of course!!!

91. WATCH TV TODAY?
No. Don't really watch TV. Only watch TV to watch football (if it's ever on). I'll watch random shows if a TV is on around me and I'm bored, but that rarely happens.. seeing as we don't have cable.

92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
Christmas? Birthday? Something in which I get presents?

93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
Piano

94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
Left-wing

95. KISSES OR HUGS?
Both..

96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Relationships

97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
Starbucks yesterday with Andy!

98. WOULD YOU EVER BE A HOUSEWIFE?
No. I think I would die. Of asphyxiation.

99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
"Eva Luna"--Isabel Allende and "La Sombra del Viento" in Spanish
"The Hound of the Baskervilles" in Chinese
Nothing in English at the moment. Just let me show off now. :D

100. DESCRIBE YOUR LOVE LIFE?
I miss the boy. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home