Saturday, November 19, 2005

legovanan
Lots to talk about. I just got a new monitor, flat screen, so I have lots of room to put things now so I'm reorganizing my desk.
So this morning woke up to my mom laughing and talking very loudly on the phone with her friend. She was upstairs and on the opposite side of the house, and i could still hear her.. maybe it's a genetic thing. So woke up at 9, which is very early. Went online to check the scores, and of course: LIVERPOOL WON! 3-0!

Last night, Camron, Isaac, and I were going to see HP4 at 9:45. However, by the time we actually got around to figuring out who was going and what not, it was sold out!!!! So this morning, I call Camron who's in the shower who then called me back about 10 minutes later. I cataputled down the stairs, literally to get the phone in time. So at 11 AM, camron and elaine are sitting in the movie theatre, watching HP4!!!!

Now is the time for the Elaine movie review:
I enjoyed the film, even though I was a little disappointed. It was nowhere near the book, which is one of my favorites, if not the favorite of the series, and I was a bit disappointed to have them cut out major sections and alternate the plot at certain times. But I realized it was to accommodate the time limit of the movie. It would be too complicated to have Neville have a book about gillyweed and then Dobby give it to Harry. Neville should just give it to him. It was a pretty good movie in its own right. Definitely better than the abysmal #3, and matching up to the standards the first two set.
The acting was better overall. Dan Radcliffe got a lot better. His crying actually made ME cry. I couldn't help it!!! I didn't actually cry when Cedric died, but when I saw Harry clutching his body, heaving in sobs, I couldn't help myself! Rupert Grint was funny, and Fred and George were AWESOME! They were the funniest part of the movie, featuring prominently this time around. Emma Watson isn't getting any better, and I've resigned myself to the fact that she's only gonna get prettier and nothing else. She still seems forced at various times.
OMG. I fell in LOVE with Krum and Cedric!!! And I was always in love with Harry. I had resigned myself to ugly Krum and Cedric after the previews, but OMG... Cedric is much better looking than I thought, and very built and he's just sweet in the movie. He grows on you. He looked really hot at certain angles. Viktor Krum was... interesting. His neck is too thick. I don't know. He looked like an ugly brute a quarter of the time, okay another quarter the time, and I just loved him the other half. He was such a gentleman!! and awww.... I just liked Krum. I can't explain why.
Cho is NOT pretty/hot. She's this cute little fobby asian girl with a scottish accent. You could find asian girls prettier than that at TROY! Troy--the asian-infested not very great looking school!
And DUMBLEDORE. DUMBLEDORE WAS WHY I DIDN'T LOVE THE MOVIE!!! RICHARD HARRIS--COME BACK!!!!! UGH!!!!!! this new guy SUCKS. REALLY REALLY REALLY SUCKS. he VIOLATES and DESTROYS the ESSENCE of DUMBLEDORE! OYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dumbledore is supposed to be this gentle, ever calm, wise, old man who everyone loves and would never lift a finger in anger. That's what Richard Harris epitomized. This guy, he is gruff, angry, and MEAN! At one point in the movie, he takes Harry, shoves him, pins him down on the desk, and yells at him. DUMBLEDORE WOULD NEVER DO THAT! NOT TO ANYONE!!! ESPECIALLY NOT TO HARRY!
If you're a special effects fan, like Connie, you'll really like it because they really accentuated it and emphasized their techniques.
My favorite scene would have to be... in the beginning of the movie, with the entering of the other two school. The Beauxbaton girls did this flowery, angelic dance thingy which was quite interesting. But the Durmstrang guys. WOW.. They came in with these pounding sticks and did these really athletic, masculine acrobatics and stuff. It was really cool. The music accentuated it perfectly, and overall it was just a great piece of choreography. And plus the guy at the very front of the Durmstrang line is HHHHHOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!! when the DVD comes out I'm going to get it and pause it on his face just so I can get a clear look. AND he does a bunch of complicated gymnastics. and KRUM!!!!! Krum with his stick and huge coat. Hehehe.

I probably have more to ramble about, but you're probably getting sick of it. Talked with Camron for a bit and then took him home. It was probably just me, but I found it very ironic that I was wearing my LFC jersey, while he was wearing an AC Milan jersey today. May 25, 2005!!!!!! GREATEST NIGHT!!!!! O blessed, blessed night, quoth Romeo!

At 4 PM, we drive out to Troy. Ugh Troy on a Saturday. "Meet the Warriors Night"-- we had our exhibition game. Kinda like a season opener, as we have our first real game on Wednesday. Our team won! And I contributed two free throws. I had three shots in all, fouled on one, blocked on another, both by Lahari. Last one was a short jump shot near the free throw line, which rattled in and out... *sigh* I was pretty happy though. I managed to get open a lot, and posted up on people. Gotta work on my defensive awareness a bit though.
Watched JV play with Hayley. GO KAT!! Hayley's so cool! And Tasha! *hugs them both* My dad came to pick me up, but he stayed and watched varsity with me. They scrimmaged each other. God they're so good. I don't think I could catch a pass one of them threw. It's like lightning fast and hard. The posts are so good. I need to watch them more. They can all shoot and o they're just so good!!!
But the highlight of the evening was the father-daughter game! IT WAS HILARIOUS! it was the varsity players against their family members. Some cousins, mostly dads, one mom, and one older brother who I must say was pretty good looking. It was funny. All the girls and their relatives were announced and they met at the center of the court, and usually they were hugging and looking really happy, and they walk to the end of the line together, on the same side. Then I forget who, maybe Lauren, and her older brother are announced. They both kinda just stood there, and trudged slowly to the middle of the court. They just looked at each other, and Coach Bonny, who was teh announcer was like, "Whatever..." and then they walked to the opposite sides of the court and Lauren's like, "what are you doing?!" so they're standing in line elbowing each other. It was funny. Then there was someone's little brother, Eric. He was soooooo CUTE! he was like 7 years old, and had better ball handling skills than half of the JV team. he played and was like the best player on the relative team. We were all rooting for him.
Yea so it's been a fun day. I'm gonna go back to organizing my desk now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH! I DESPISED THE GUY WHO PLAYED DUMBLEDORE!!! He TOTALLY destroyed his character! GGAARRR!

And UGH! Don't even get me started on Emma Watson. I'm sorry, but going into puberty does not mean acting like a whinny beeotch getting her period 24/7. You're emotional, we get it. But she doesn't even act according to context. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU RUINED EVERYTHING FOR ME!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH" GAH!!

OMG- the FX were AMAZING. It just keeps getting better and better. But I think it's sad how the entertainment industry focuses on the CG effects so much nowadays they forget the essential aspects that make a movie great (it's called GOOD ACTING, you idiots!)

I do sympathize with the fact that they had to cut out a lot of parts for the movie. It was pretty good overall- besides, the movie would probably be twice its length if they had to actually include other parts in there.

This is probably the longest comment I ever left.

11/19/2005 11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought Cho WAS pretty. Well, cute. I dunno, I thought she looked very natural. And to me, looking naturally pretty is much better than having lots of makeup on or something.
Much prettier than Fleur. I thought her little sister was cuter.

(My friend saw it on opening night, and she noticed something. When Fred and George were passing the age line to put their name in the Goblet, Hermione was reading, right? My friend said that the book she was reading was Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I didn't catch it though because by the time she said that to me, the scene changed. Hmm... something to keep in mind though, you know, when you see it again)

Oy, I'm seriously pulling an Elaine here.

11/19/2005 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home