Wednesday, August 10, 2005

EVIL blogger. I made these wonderful, lovely lists because Elsa had inspired me with her list-making that I must endure, according to her. and NOW they are GONE.

EVIL.

The first topic was of Elsa's choice, since she was that divine inspiration. I heave a sigh and say that these lists will never be the same. THE ORIGINALITY IS LOST!!! *breaks into passionate weeping*
Okay so my venture into the most elegant Court in Europe (the Court of FRANCE, matthew) has left me a bit dramatic. well it hasn't left me yet. i still have 200 pages to go of this one.

*favorite romance novels*
I've read so many... I must think...
1. Romeo and Juliet (Can't help if the ultimate masterpiece tops all! add that to my recent obsession)
2. uh... Anna Karenina! of course
3. Wuthering Heights (O the PERFECTION)
4. Tess of the D'Urbervilles
5. argh but some of the best romances have sprung from the listless minds of us obsessies, in the form of fan fiction... definitely "Waves of Fire" by Nerdanel, detailing the love of Feanaro and Nerdanel. could even top Anna Karenina in my list
6. "A Lost Generation" by Fiona... with her long name that i can't remember. The lives of Lily Evans and James Potter. SO GOOD!
I've read so many romance novels. I KNOW i'm missing something! O I GOT IT! what was it called though?! ARGH i can't remember the title... it was about the Civil War. the title had the word "Fire" in it. WHAT WAS IT? i remember the cover! I remember the characters! ALL OF THEM. WHAT WAS THE TITLE?!??! IT was really good.. ARGH. I WILL remember. I WILL.
7. The Other Boleyn (not as much romance as seduction and lust, but a great book) WHAT IS THAT OTHER ONE'S NAME?!?!?!!?
8. FIRE BY NIGHT!!! PLEASE TELL ME MY MEMORY IS GOOD AMAZON!!!!!!!!!1 OMG I'M BRILLIANT!!!!! I KNEW IT WAS FIRE, and then FIRE BY NIGHT POPPED IN!!!!!!!!!! well yes awesome romance and I'M SOOOOOOOO GOOD! good history in it. i ACTUALLY LIKED something about the Civil War! ooo 2 bucks for it on amazon. if there wasn't any shipping i'd buy it right now.

so next topic... OO GOT IT
*Favorite footballers* (you guys saw this coming.. admit it!)
1. hmm.. i REALLY WONDER *looks up at blog picture* well of COURSE
STEVEN GERRARD
2. Michael Owen (well he could give stevie a run for his money for his place in my heart. stevie lived in his shadow before michael LEFT.)
3. Xabi Alonso (the crafty Spaniard who has the most beautiful crosses in history)
4. John Arne Riise (he's insane, but he's AWESOME)
5. Ronaldinho (rivals Xabi for the most beautiful crosses, but i think i shall bestow the most creative player award on him, and let xabi keep his crossing)
6. Frank Lampard
7. Jamie Carragher (who doesn't love Carra?)
8. Ronaldo (the older, Brazilian galactico one)
9. Didi Hamann
10. Luis Garcia
11. I WON'T say Cahill. I won't! I won't I won't! Okay FINE. TIM CAHILL
I respect Shevchenko a lot, and I think I'll grow to really like Kaka as well, but I haven't seen enough of them. Um... I think that's it for now. Awww poor Stewart Downing didn't make my list either. Let's count them.
11 of them in total: SEVEN liverpudlians; 1 damned evertonian. i will NEVER say i like tony hibbert. 1 of those chelsea freaks; 1 galactico; 1 Barca person.
Let's count their positions now:
2 strikers
6 definite attacking midfielders
2 defensive midfielders, though xabi alonso can be counted as an attacking midfielder at times as well
1 defender; the best CB in england if i may say so.

so we learn from that little list that elaine has an interesting fancy for attacking midfielders. especially one named Steven Gerrard, but you all knew that.

hmm...
*favorite poets*
1. Emily Bronte (wow she's good and depressing)
2. Emily Dickinson (in all her dash-ing glory hehe matthew)
3. Christina Rosseti
4. William Shakespeare (preceded by 3 women.. wow! probably never thought of that, did ya Will? not that my humblest opinion matters much to thee, good sir)
5. George Gordon, Lord Byron
6. Percy Byssh Shelley (i can't make up my mind which one of these crazy friends I like better)
7. John Keats (Or if i like this calmer, less-erotic one of the triumvirate the most)
8. Alfred, Lord Tennyson
9. Dylan Thomas
10. JRR Tolkien
11. John Donne (in his paradoxic, depressing, highly Puritan way)

hmm... I need a collection of Keats and Shelley. i just bought a Byron one.

Hopefully this STUPID THING wil let me load this now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home